Spyro, Ember, Toki, Taz, Rufus, and Scarlett-new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking and commenting for awhile and realized I never introduced my babies.

Spyro is 4 months old and growing like a weed. He is full of energy, very curious, and fearless. He loves to torment my daschund. They have stare downs from Spyro's tank. The other day my daschund decided to take Spyro to the living room for play time. Needless to say I wasn't amused when I seen Buddy, the daschund, carrying Spyro! Thank goodness he didn't hurt my baby. Buddy no longer goes near Spyro after that incident.

Before I got Spyro we got Auzzie. Auzzie was a Christmas gift for my 15 year old son. She was sick from the day we got her. I took her to the vet weekly just to make sure she was doing okay. In February, I noticed that she wasn't gaining weight or growing. After another vet visit I find out she has pinworms. She finished the panacur, but still wasn't growing and started losing weight. From there I started feeding her baby food and critical care. She started being more alert and eating a little on her own. On March 11, the vet weighed her and she had gained 2g that week. We were impressed. On the 17th, she started wobbling when she walked. She didn't want to open her eyes and acted lethargic. This was about 6 pm. The next morning I get up and she has crawled up to her stuffed animal. Her breathing was very shallow and it looked like only one lung was functioning. Overnight she looked as if she lost 10g. I immediately wrapped her up and rushed to the vet. She passed away on the way there. I still question myself wondering what I did wrong. Looking back I realized that she was never well and I did everything possible to help her become a healthy, happy beardie.

On March 23, I made the mistake of going to Petco for my dogs some treats. Of course, my son makes a beeline for the beardies. The manager comes by and tells me they just got some new babies in and asked if I wanted to see them. It's bad when they know you in stores. When I go to the back and I am floored at how teeny these babies were. My eyes were drawn to my Ember. She was 4 1/2 in long and weighed 6.9g. I wasn't leaving without her. I have had her for 2 weeks now and tonight she decided to snuggle in my hair and go to sleep. This made my night.

Now I have a Bassett Hound, a daschund, a shih-tzu, two fish, and my two babies!

This is Spyro fighting the wolf. I think he won.
AD5E9828-E369-42E6-8863-D475FDCEC084.jpg

He really wanted to see Ember. I haven't allowed them together.
87A3C058-FFDD-4927-855A-72052D3D92B4.jpg

Please mom!
99687C9A-86FD-428E-8AE2-30BE769784D3.jpg

Will upload Ember's pictures in a few.

I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site. I have learned so much about beardies from reading the posts.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
That is too funny!! Gotta make sure you have your camera in your hands at all times. You never know what these little buggers r gonna do!!!!

I didn't get suction cups yet. :banghead: Had a busy day at work and just wanted to come home and play with my girl. Tomorrow for sure!!!! Tell your son I LOVE the patterns he picked out for the hammocks. Just perfect for her VIV!!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I tried to get pictures but he wouldn't do it then. He has never acted so wild. He was trying to climb the air vent, the stairs, and then he took off running down towards the foyer (which is tile). Of course, Ember jumps on my head to get a good view of the action. No matter where I put her she runs back to me. I am surprised at how calm, yet alert she is. She can now see Spyro from her enclosure and it doesn't phase either of them. They both always have their happy colors on, except for when the ceiling fan is on low.

Spencer said he is glad you liked them. He likes when I make things for all our animals. The dogs all have handmade quilted dog beds and blankets. I even let him pick out all the fabric I used to redecorate our downstairs. If you want anything else made for her just let me know. I enjoy making random things.

-Sabrina

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Too funny that Spyro is acting nurse and Ember takes the best seat in the house to watch!! That's great.

More pics Sabrina!!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are both SO adorable. So full of fun, vigor and personality, you can just tell by the expressions on their faces. :lol:

Hope your son's nose didn't get bitten too hard.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! They are both crazy. I need to upload more pictures since they are growing so fast. My son is 15 and he was laughing harder than me! He had a small scratch but it may have been his nails. I think he bit him right between his nostrils.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I need to upload new pictures. :banghead: Spyro is 15in and 171.9g at 6 months old. Ember is a whopping 9in long at weighed in at 23.3g. They are like night and day. Spyro hates going outside but love to sit in an open window, hang on the screen while trying to catch anything flying past him. He torments the dogs by hanging off the side of the bed and staring them down. Ember likes to be anywhere I am. My room is the only place she wants to explore. She loves to be outside and looking at everything. I actually caught her eating veggies on her own this week. :blob5: I still haven't introduced them to each other. I am so paranoid that something might happen and would rather not take the chance. Ember can see Spyro from her enclosure and she waves at him. He doesn't acknowledge her. He has seen her while he was taking a bath and just went on swimming. If I were to introduce them how should I go about it? Is there a right or wrong time? Any warning signs I should be aware of if I do introduce them?

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Seems Ember is coming out of her shell. While outside with her today she decided to explore the yard. The landscapers were also in the yard and fell in live with her. She puffed her beard up when they went to rub her. She is such a brat. Spyro just looked at them like they were crazy then crawled back under my hair to hide. It's going to be in the mid 90s this week so they will get lots of fresh air. Ember enjoyed her garden. She was tasting everything and really seemed to like her hibiscus tree. She climbed it and kept looking at the bright orange flowers. After Spyros bath this morning he got brave and shimmied off the bed and chased my 80lb Bassett Hound down the hall! I have never seen Izzy run so fast!

I think I finally have decided which design I like for a custom built enclosure for my babies. They will sit on top of each other and look like a piece of furniture. There will also be a third enclosure in the design just in case I find that special dragon to spoil. My son and I both claim 3 as our lucky number (his birthday is
3-6-99 born at 3:33pm). Our third baby will most likely be a rescue. Since it is getting warm I am getting the dubia set up in the garage for breeding. My dragons have eaten everything I had, so I am placing a huge order to feed them and some for breeding. Also, I have everything to start breeding super worms. Speaking of super worms, my son got some yesterday and gave Spyro (he is 15in) one. Spyro went crazy! He has always turned away from worms until now! For now he is only getting one a day so I can see if he can digest them. He had a huge poo this morning so I was :blob5: .I also placed an post on craigslist and Petco to share fresh veggies. So much goes to waste and giving it to someone else for their dragon each week is the right thing for me to do.

My son has 5 baseball games starting Wednesday and ending Friday. Two games start at 8pm so I am thinking about taking the babies with me. They usually go to bed at 8pm so I can get them to sleep and let them sleep in their pet carriers. Not sure if I want to do this yet but it is an option. Next Saturday, my son has 3 games starting at 4pm. We have to leave at 2pm so he can warm up. I have both dragons an enclosed pet playpen and another open top playpen (for babies). I may take them if it warm enough so I can feed them and let them get some real sunshine. My sons games will go through the summer and I will hate to leave them at home alone.

Now all my critters are taken care of for the morning (even though it's 1:30) I can get my school work done before it's time to feed the dragons again.

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Could a moderator please move this to Beardie Tales for me? Thank you so much!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ember is slowly growing.
08CC7D1B-10FA-4015-A17F-A61ECAB44FB6.jpg

Her pretty colors.
63A77722-6A65-4A2D-9C9A-F18483F0AE93.jpg

She loves to hide in her plant and hates the camera!
8F5D06A7-D076-4E32-8232-09FF0CF91CED.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! They both have their moments acting crazy. I got Ember when she was 2 weeks old. She has always been really relaxed until the past few days. She has always liked being out of her enclosure and seeing everything. In the past few days she has decided that it might not be so bad to venture off of me and look around. I am the only person she wants to handle her. If anyone else comes near me, she will usually burrow in my hair or on top of my head! Tonight shall be interesting. Both of them get to go to my sons baseball game. :shock: Maybe it's the red in Kadaj and Ember that is making them a little wild! You should post some pictures of Kadaj. How old is she?

-Sabrina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom