Spyro, Ember, Toki, Taz, Rufus, and Scarlett-new pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been lurking and commenting for awhile and realized I never introduced my babies.

Spyro is 4 months old and growing like a weed. He is full of energy, very curious, and fearless. He loves to torment my daschund. They have stare downs from Spyro's tank. The other day my daschund decided to take Spyro to the living room for play time. Needless to say I wasn't amused when I seen Buddy, the daschund, carrying Spyro! Thank goodness he didn't hurt my baby. Buddy no longer goes near Spyro after that incident.

Before I got Spyro we got Auzzie. Auzzie was a Christmas gift for my 15 year old son. She was sick from the day we got her. I took her to the vet weekly just to make sure she was doing okay. In February, I noticed that she wasn't gaining weight or growing. After another vet visit I find out she has pinworms. She finished the panacur, but still wasn't growing and started losing weight. From there I started feeding her baby food and critical care. She started being more alert and eating a little on her own. On March 11, the vet weighed her and she had gained 2g that week. We were impressed. On the 17th, she started wobbling when she walked. She didn't want to open her eyes and acted lethargic. This was about 6 pm. The next morning I get up and she has crawled up to her stuffed animal. Her breathing was very shallow and it looked like only one lung was functioning. Overnight she looked as if she lost 10g. I immediately wrapped her up and rushed to the vet. She passed away on the way there. I still question myself wondering what I did wrong. Looking back I realized that she was never well and I did everything possible to help her become a healthy, happy beardie.

On March 23, I made the mistake of going to Petco for my dogs some treats. Of course, my son makes a beeline for the beardies. The manager comes by and tells me they just got some new babies in and asked if I wanted to see them. It's bad when they know you in stores. When I go to the back and I am floored at how teeny these babies were. My eyes were drawn to my Ember. She was 4 1/2 in long and weighed 6.9g. I wasn't leaving without her. I have had her for 2 weeks now and tonight she decided to snuggle in my hair and go to sleep. This made my night.

Now I have a Bassett Hound, a daschund, a shih-tzu, two fish, and my two babies!

This is Spyro fighting the wolf. I think he won.
AD5E9828-E369-42E6-8863-D475FDCEC084.jpg

He really wanted to see Ember. I haven't allowed them together.
87A3C058-FFDD-4927-855A-72052D3D92B4.jpg

Please mom!
99687C9A-86FD-428E-8AE2-30BE769784D3.jpg

Will upload Ember's pictures in a few.

I also just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this site. I have learned so much about beardies from reading the posts.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Can't wait to see the pictures!!!! Sorry to hear about ur surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery. That stinks right around the holidays. :-(

My babies are fantastic!!!!! Izzy still snoozing. Fionna growing by leaps and bounds!!! She is a rip to watch. I have to post updated pics too!!!

Feel better!!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They are doing great! Scarlett has grown sooo much! She has so much personality. I swear she eats more than all my other dragons combined on a daily basis. She loves her veggies, which is a great thing. Rufus is still sleeping but all the others are wide awake! I feel bad because since I had my surgery I haven't been able to let them out as much. Trying to balance 6 dragons and 6 dogs while on bed rest is so dang hard! I'll post some new pictures tomorrow of my munchkins.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Oh wow, I can imagine! Sometimes I feel like I struggle to keep up with my two - I'm jealous and simultaneously awed by your zoo of animals!! Definitely take care of yourself first and foremost.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Hey Sabrina!! Hope you are feeling better. Just thinking of you and all your pets. Hope they (and you) are doing well!!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I miss my dragons so much! Can't wait until they all wake up!

Scarlett is doing great! She LOVES her veggies. She is attached to me and really only lets me handle her.

Spyro has recovered from his refusing to eat. I had to syringe feed him for almost 2 months but it was so worth it! He is now eating on his own and gained back the weight he had lost. He is still brumating. I wake him every few days so he can drink some water.

Ember is brumating too. He will sleep for a week or so then wake for a few days. He has lost a little weight but not enough for me to be concerned. When he is awake he refuses to eat his veggies and will only eat dubia. Silly boy!

Taz is doing wonderful! He is starting to get a little belly and even shed his legs! When I first got him his belly was sunk in and I was worried he wouldn't make it. He had a heavy load of parasites which took me months to get rid of. He will sleep for a week or so then wake. When he does wake it is usually late in the afternoon.

Toki is my grumpy girl. She does not want to be woken up or bothered. I had been waking her every few days and she let us know she was not happy! Haha.

Rufus is sweetheart. She slept for almost 3 months. I checked on her all the time and she would look at me then burrow back under her blanket. The past few days she has been waking on her own. Her appetite is great and she is very alert.

The malamutes (Montana, Chenzo, and Indigo) are getting huge!!!! Montana is 7 months old and weights 68lbs. Chenzo is 9 months old and weights 52lbs, he is a very small malamute but is catching up fast! Indigo is 4 months old and weights 57lbs. Indigo is going to be a beast! They are so well behaved and keep us laughing. They love to watch the dragons (when they are awake). They know they are not allowed close to the enclosures and it's funny watching them. I don't let any of the dragons out unless the pups are outside. I wouldn't dare risk anything happening to my scale babies!

Hope everyone is well! I'll get all my pictures together of my crew/pack to post.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
I know that feeling of wanting them awake!!

I bet Scarlett has grown!! Can't wait to see pics of her!!

Spyro...silly boy not eating. Izzy not eating that much either. Would love to know what you did as I may have to do with my girl.

Ember wakes now again. That's good. Izzy was down for 3 plus months!!! At least you have a little time with him.

Tori is like me!!!!! When I'm sleeping don't wake me!!! :lol:

Rufus.....I'm sure you miss her!!!!

And the pups.....they've grown!!!!! Looking forward to the pics!! Glad to hear your updates!!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Haha! All of the dragons decided to wake today! They all got to explore a bit upstairs (where the dogs can't get to them) one at a time. Taz was the only one interested in having a look around the room. Toki just wanted to cuddle. They all ate a little and drank a good bit of water which was good.

Will have to post pictures tomorrow. Between 6 dogs and 6 dragons I seldom have time to rest. We finally have a good schedule so things are much more manageable.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Your house sounds like my house! We have 3 dogs (soon to be 4 in about a week), 2 dragons and 2 leopard geckos!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
It is great to hear an update! You really have a full house, don't you! But I bet there is so much love and joy that is spread around with all of those dogs and dragons. :D Looking forward to photos!

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's been a long time since I have posted anything. So hard to keep up with everything since we have a full house. Six bearded dragons and six dogs makes life very interesting!

Spyro is still my cuddle dragon. After the months of him refusing to eat and having to feed him baby food twice a day I am happy to say he is the best eater now. His favorite treat is watermelon. He is so adventurous. When he gets bored and wants out he will jump out of his tank and sit along the edge! So now I take him outside with me daily to water the flowers. This keeps him happy and content when I put him in his tank.

Ember is doing great. He loves hanging out with my malamutes. They are so funny together. I keep a close eye on them just in case.

Toki surprised me today with 6 eggs!!!!! I was absolutely shocked. Once I noticed the first one I gave her a long warm bath. After her bath she laid 5 more eggs. This is my first experience with egg laying. Praying she will be okay. Her fat pads are sunk in some. I gave her some liquid calcium and a good bit of water.

Taz is finally at a great weight. He is still my wild dragon. Anytime I get him out he runs around like a mad man. The only time he will cuddle is when he is tired..

Rufus is my serious dragon. She has no interest in exploring but doesn't mind being held.

Where to begin with my baby girl Scarlett.... She is hilarious! Anytime we go near the dubia or superworm bin she goes nuts. She can jump to the top of her tank to grab live food before we can drop them in her tank. One thing she loves to do is chase the laser. Last week she finally allowed my son to hold her without trying to eat his fingers. She is very petite for her age. I haven't been able to weigh her because she won't sit still but she is only 12 inches long at 9 months old. She is a chunky girl though. There is nothing she won't eat.

My mals are doing great. Chenzo turned 1 on June 9. Montana will turn 1 at the end of July. Indigo is 8 months old and the biggest one weighing 106lbs. :shock:

I'll post some recent pictures later. I don't have any saved on my new tablet yet.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
Nice to see you again and always nice reading about your babies!

Spyro is a cuddler. Always nice to have a cuddler in the bunch!

And Ember with the dogs! That's too funny. Funny the friends dragons can make!

Toki laying eggs!! I'm sure you took care of her perfectly. I haven't had that experience....yet. And Taz.....the madman.....looks like he took on his name!! Rufus the serious one....and Scarlett the funny one. Too funny they all have their own personalities.

Glad to hear your animal family is doing well. Would LOVE to see pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuexedulichthailan
Top Bottom