Smelly Poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmain

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ok so now his poo doesn't smell anymore... I never ended up getting it tested though because I wanted to see as he ate more and more greens if it would go away since it started to smell when he first started eating them.

Now when he goes poo in his viv its really runny. But when he poos in the bath its like normal poo (i guess thats what you can call it) lol because it actually has forum to it (not good at explaining) hope this makes sense and hope someone can help

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
if i was you i would get it checked out cause my beardie was fine no issues and the vet said he has parasites and cocida

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Yep, Howie's poo didn't smell either, but he has coccidia as well. But it's common in beardies and doesn't need to be treated until the parasites are high in numbers. Which Howie's were pretty high so I've got medicine for him.
As far as the poo goes, it sounds like your beardie is well hydrated, but it can also be parasitic infection as well :?
And you probably don't notice how runny it is in the bath because the bath is full of water ;)
I would definitely take a sample down to the vet, you can even just drop it off if you wish. But when I had Howie at the vet, he went and checked while I was there already and it took like 10 mins. So it probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get a check up while your down there anyways.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
It was $38 at my vet :?
Personally the way I look at it is, I would rather spend the $38 dollars + any money for medication now, then waiting until it gets worse, and spending that much on the fecal, and possibly more for the medication, and not to mention the risk of losing your beardie :(
But the crappy part is, if you do take the fecal down, spend money for it, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with the beardie. (that's not the crappy part, spending money when you don't need to is, lol)
Just my opinion. I hope your beardie starts feeling better!!!

jmain

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I was just curious on the price is all... see and that is was sucks too because you can't tell if he is feeling well or not i mean he is just as active when as when i first got him and all that but with him eating for crickets and then adding the greens and squash in his poo has changed over time lol

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
thats how i see it
i did a vet visit on other matters that i thought wer issues but i brought the poo just incase i paid 133 for an exam of my beardie poo exam and medicine i rather spend that much and still have her around in good health then not have her around or getting worse
i brought her in on her eyes she had no stress marks or anything very active and didnt see any issues and i brought her in and the poo exam showed parasites and coccidia

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coccidia are microscopic, spore-forming, single-celled parasites belonging to the apicomplexan class Conoidasida.[1] Coccidian parasites infect the intestinal tracts of animals[2], and are the largest group of apicomplexan protozoa.
Coccidia are obligate, intracellular parasites, which means that they must live and reproduce within an animal cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom