Sleep patterns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmajulie

I have 2 beautiful full grown Beardies that are 6+ years old. My question is they both have slowed down considerably, do they sleep more as they get older? Mine would sleep longer if I didnt make them wake and eat every other day.....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When did they start to slow down? It's common for adults to slow down seasonally when it gets colder. They tend to move around less and require less food as they get older as well. Sleep patterns seem to be individual from what I've seen. Some dragons don't like mornings and take a while to wake up. I'm not sure if that becomes more widespread with older dragons though.

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Mocha brumates about four times a year :p
Tsam tends to take naps these days, so I'm suspecting it's an age thing, though I've not a huge base of reference to go on so far - he's my oldest at 7 years old.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My two are 3 years old and their sleep patterns are quite different.

Rex :
Sleep in until about 10am most days, though if it's warm and sunny, she'll be up and basking at brekky.
She's our high energy beardie, on the floor the tail goes up and she's trotting all over the place until she eventually runs out of steam and curls up in a corner.
Diner at between 7pm - 8pm diner and a little run about usually , the she puts herself to bed under her 1/2 long on her heatslab after a bask for about 30mins , wont see her again after that until next day.

Puff :
Bit sick right now.

Normally he's our beardie night owl - TV addict.
Generally up to greet us and basking at brekky.
Wont go to sleep until well after his lights are all out , not uncommon for him to be awake way past 11pm (even later if something on TV has his interest.

Lately he's been sleeping in the cool end of his enclosure after he's had his diner, his snuggle, his manuka honey and Tricin, I've been moving him under his HubbaHut ontop his heat slab when I go to bed.
He'll be ontop his Hubbahut and basking most morning to greet us at brekky despite being ill.
Been doing a lot of napping when I get him out for an afternoon snuggle (usually 2 - 3 hours). If I stop petting him he will open good eye and glace up at me - means "don't stop".
He's not as active (roaming about as much the last month) as he usually does , this is due to his being a bit sick. Very active in his enclosure , changing position, thermoregulating, rubbing his left side of his head and mouth on stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom