Silkworms.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Soulwind":sde67uc7 said:
Congrats.

I understand that Silkworms are quite a bit harder to raise than Dubia's.
YES THEY ARE.... a lot more work and I'm sure thats why the cost

unkempt1

Juvie Member
Wow that's really cool! Where do you get the eggs? And can you breed them? I have always heard they are picky insects that you pretty much have to spoil.

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
unkempt1":d96xhgbc said:
Wow that's really cool! Where do you get the eggs? And can you breed them? I have always heard they are picky insects that you pretty much have to spoil.
Mulberry farms....

erizabef

I'm going to start breeding silkworms as well, I actually bought a mulberry tree that should start growing when the weather gets warmer. Any tips on breeding?

Lumpdog450

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
erizabef":284733y9 said:
I'm going to start breeding silkworms as well, I actually bought a mulberry tree that should start growing when the weather gets warmer. Any tips on breeding?

Honestly, it's really time consuming if you hatch a large quantity. I haven't mastered the clean up yet to speed things up a bit. Currently I'm on my 2nd set of 25K eggs. My first set the hatch rate was very poor so I did things a little different ok these. As far as tips, the guys at Mulberry Farms know what's going on. Their care sheet is spot on so I'd read that as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom