Dreki laid eggs

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
That's good, they usually are thirsty after egg laying ! Just be careful she doesn't over do it and spit up/aspirate the water .
She thankfully didn't. I always worry about that happening. I'm so glad to see she has her appetite back and actually wants to bask and be held. She ate two more dubias this afternoon and a couple super worms. So all in all, about 5 dubias and 8 supers and then stole a giant leaf of kale from me today 😅😅 I weighed her and it said 466, which I guess tracks with laying 26 eggs because she was somewhere between 540 and 550.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please be careful letting her do that, I lost Zen two weeks ago because he got aspirated getting a drink. He had never drank in a soak before either. He dunked his head also and it ended up costing him his life.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's great she has her appetite back. I'm sure that she was drained after 26 eggs. They didn't
detect them on x-ray in November?
Definitely make sure she is getting plenty of calcium to help her replenish her stores after all of those
eggs!

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Please be careful letting her do that, I lost Zen two weeks ago because he got aspirated getting a drink. He had never drank in a soak before either. He dunked his head also and it ended up costing him his life.
Holy moly I had no idea Zen died. I'm so so sorry to hear that, that's terrible. I'm definitely terrified of that happening and have no idea why they do it. She's never done it before but thankfully, didn't seem to have any effects. Toothless and Nubby do it occasionally too but I've no clue.

Damn, I'm real sorry about Zen. That makes me sad 😢😢

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

That's great she has her appetite back. I'm sure that she was drained after 26 eggs. They didn't
detect them on x-ray in November?
Definitely make sure she is getting plenty of calcium to help her replenish her stores after all of those
eggs!

Tracie
Nope. I even saw the X-ray myself. I didn't think the eggs would have been noticeable on the X-ray that early, I thought they were only gravid for maybe a month. So I figured she started making the eggs earlier this month, which sorta tracks with her sudden change in behavior. Before that, she just wanted to hide and barely eat. Then suddenly, she would scratch from sun up to sun down to get out and just run around, I guess she was wanting to find somewhere to lay eggs.

Sometimes I can sneak calcium. She doesn't like it so she'll stop eating bugs onces she realizes there's calcium on it but I do sprinkle it on her salad and she'll take a few bites of that. She's like a totally different lizard now

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Holy moly I had no idea Zen died. I'm so so sorry to hear that, that's terrible. I'm definitely terrified of that happening and have no idea why they do it. She's never done it before but thankfully, didn't seem to have any effects. Toothless and Nubby do it occasionally too but I've no clue.

Damn, I'm real sorry about Zen. That makes me sad 😢😢
Thank you 🤗. It still doesn't seem real. I just hope folks learn from my mistake, and avoid it from happening to their beardies.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Thank you 🤗. It still doesn't seem real. I just hope folks learn from my mistake, and avoid it from happening to their beardies.
I can definitely understand that, you know how I constantly stress over something happening to mine. Thankfully, she only did it once and seemed fine after.

I'm so sorry again that happened and hope you...I don't want to say heal soon, because that sort of pain never really goes away but I do hope it gets easier over time. 🤗🤗

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I can definitely understand that, you know how I constantly stress over something happening to mine. Thankfully, she only did it once and seemed fine after.

I'm so sorry again that happened and hope you...I don't want to say heal soon, because that sort of pain never really goes away but I do hope it gets easier over time. 🤗🤗
Thank you 🙂

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your girl doing today? Is she resting up now?

@xp29 Sorry you lost Zen! :cry: I had thought he had made it after that incident, wow, how awful!
It is the worse feeling to lose a precious dragon & you never really get over it.

Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hello,

How is your girl doing today? Is she resting up now?

@xp29 Sorry you lost Zen! :cry: I had thought he had made it after that incident, wow, how awful!
It is the worse feeling to lose a precious dragon & you never really get over it.

Keep us posted on her!

Tracie
She's still the same, like a totally different lizard. She'll eat a couple adult dubias every few hours, so total about 5 in a day, on top of a few bites of salad and even some super worms. She's basking most of the day and hasn't scratched to get out once.

The only downside is that when we do get her out, she's way way jumpy, like everything scares her and makes her jump

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom