Dreki laid eggs

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I woke up and turned the lights on as normal. And when I looked down at Dreki, she was like...ramming her log, trying to get up under it but she normally can't. And when I looked again, I saw she had some eggs in her bed. She didn't even appear gravid or anything, we felt no eggs at all. But I guess it explains her constant begging to get out. I mean, nonstop all day scratching. AND she ate some super worms, which she hasn't done in a long time.

So do I get rid of them.? Will she eat them.?

Attachments

• 20240117_104012.jpg
    20240117_104012.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 43

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I woke up and turned the lights on as normal. And when I looked down at Dreki, she was like...ramming her log, trying to get up under it but she normally can't. And when I looked again, I saw she had some eggs in her bed. She didn't even appear gravid or anything, we felt no eggs at all. But I guess it explains her constant begging to get out. I mean, nonstop all day scratching. AND she ate some super worms, which she hasn't done in a long time.

So do I get rid of them.? Will she eat them.?
They are infertile yes get rid of them -- she needs extra calcium and I would get her a laybox now as she will probably lay more -- how many are there?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
They are infertile yes get rid of them -- she needs extra calcium and I would get her a laybox now as she will probably lay more -- how many are there?
There are 26 of them. How many do they typically lay in a session.? Also, I thought they didn't lay infertile eggs until closer to two years, she's not even one yet. Between February and march. Yeah, they're infertile, she hasn't had any male contact. They're squishy with a harder outside spot thats whiter and are yellowish as well.

She ate like 10 smaller super worms with calcium. Since dubia isn't delivering right now, im going to give her some critical care today so that way I know for sure she's getting some nutrients again.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
There are 26 of them. How many do they typically lay in a session.? Also, I thought they didn't lay infertile eggs until closer to two years, she's not even one yet. Between February and march. Yeah, they're infertile, she hasn't had any male contact. They're squishy with a harder outside spot thats whiter and are yellowish as well.

She ate like 10 smaller super worms with calcium. Since dubia isn't delivering right now, im going to give her some critical care today so that way I know for sure she's getting some nutrients again.
Not sure on the amount --I am going to have AHBD help you here shes more experienced than I
@AHBD

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Everything sounds fine, typical laying behavior even though she's a little young that's no problem. She should be fine, give her calcium coated food and hydration. She may lay another clutch [ or more ] in the next 3-4 weeks so get the laybox ready to put in around the end of the month.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Everything sounds fine, typical laying behavior even though she's a little young that's no problem. She should be fine, give her calcium coated food and hydration. She may lay another clutch [ or more ] in the next 3-4 weeks so get the laybox ready to put in around the end of the month.
It's wild that we had no idea. On our list of things wrong with her, that was way down there. She was at the vet in the end of November and they did an X-ray and found nothing but it explains her lack of eating, constantly wanting out, etc. since she laid them this morning, she's actually been basking and definitely feels lighter compared to how she felt yesterday 😅

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Calcium and hydration or extremely important for the next couple weeks. If her uvb is near end of life I would change it also to make sure she gets the most out of her calcium.
If she is like Ruby she will eat anything you offer up to and including your fingers lmao 🤣 (just ask Christina, Ruby nipped her twice after her last clutch)

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Calcium and hydration or extremely important for the next couple weeks. If her uvb is near end of life I would change it also to make sure she gets the most out of her calcium.
If she is like Ruby she will eat anything you offer up to and including your fingers lmao 🤣 (just ask Christina, Ruby nipped her twice after her last clutch)
She ate two adult dubias, you know, the ones that are like two inches long or so. And about 10 to 12 smaller super worms with calcium on them and so far a few bites of salad. She seems exhausted, she's been actually basking consistently, almost sleeping. Like if I put her in the tub, she doesn't drink water, she never has. And we're waiting for dubias to send us our order of hornworms and super worms. What's another way to get some hydration into her.?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Tomorrow try dripping water on her snout with a dropper, very slowly. Can you post a full body picture of her to show her size ? She ate a good amount of insects today so tomorrow offer a wet salad rather than insects.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Tomorrow try dripping water on her snout with a dropper, very slowly. Can you post a full body picture of her to show her size ? She ate a good amount of insects today so tomorrow offer a wet salad rather than insects.
It's definitely a lot for her. She hasnt eaten much of anything in the last few months. The last time she went to the vet was November and she wasn't eating but was still gaining a little bit of weight at a time and the vet just said she was weird and was fine.

Attachments

• 20240117_214041.jpg
    20240117_214041.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240117_214038.jpg
    20240117_214038.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 26

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She is pretty lean for a grown female, has she had anything to eat yet today. I know it's early, lol. When will the hornworms be coming ? What do you have for salad ?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She is pretty lean for a grown female, has she had anything to eat yet today. I know it's early, lol. When will the hornworms be coming ? What do you have for salad ?
Is she considered grown.? She'll be a year next month/March and is about.. 19 inches long. She's always been relatively lean looking, despite being a decent weight. She's always hovered around 550ish. After laying the eggs, she definitely feels lighter but we haven't weighed her yet. She ate three big dubias this morning. She's never had much of an appetite, she'll only eat a couple of whatever we offer her, if she eats any of it at all. Yesterday was the most she's eaten in a good while. And like I said, the vet said she was totally fine (we thought she was sick because it had been a month and she's only eaten maybe three worms, the first time they thought she had a lower pneumonia type thing but wasn't showing any symptoms so we were giving her critical care) and when we brought her back a few weeks later, they said she was totally fine, just picky and weird.

For salads, I do a mixture of collard, turnip, mustard and kale and I'll sprinkle some calcium on her salad. Sometimes she eats a few bites, sometimes none. I've tried bok choy and cilantro but they aren't real big on it or veggies/fruits being put on their salads. She's relatively active. When we let her out, she runs and tries her hardest to get off the bed to run around the house

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She is a little young but almost grown, I forgot you mentioned that at the start. She could be a bit more plump with more muscle mass but otherwise looks fine.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
She is a little young but almost grown, I forgot you mentioned that at the start. She could be a bit more plump with more muscle mass but otherwise looks fine.
Yeah, she actually drank some water. That's the first time in the year we've had her that we've seen her actually drink that wasn't us dripping water off her nose. She dunked her head almost aggressively into the tub when I gave her a bath today 😂 and she swam around. Full on, head underwater like she was a dolphin swimming and splashing. So we're hoping that now she's actually eating and even drank, she'll start putting on more weight

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom