Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww I'm so glad to hear she's getting on your hand now, that's great.

You need to give her daily baths, never mind the water by syringe. She is seriously going to get dehydrated, if she's not already. Please do that for her every single day, 10 min.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Bath done! LOL not a happy dragon!

Funny how your hand becomes their best friend when they are in the bath LOL

Ah she's waiting for crickets now. I love the way she goes to the same spot every morning at the same time hahahhaahhaaha.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're training her well, see how she feels about having a bath a day and I was going to mention letting her sit on your hand. Yes, our hands come in handy sometimes.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Such users!!! LOL

She's definitely eating more though. She gets 12 hours lights on and off now. Seems to suit her. She's sooooooo cute when she eats HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Got 50 crickets this morning as she seems to really like them. Is it a baby thing loving crickets?

At last I found out a great way to keep crickets smell free! Put them outside in a cheese cloth type bag. Air, and they don't die from their own business! Not one dead :)

So now I'm off home out of this insane heat and feed her again. Not keen on veg but I guess that really is a baby thing.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ate another 10 crickets :) so that's 23 today. Water was a busy but I won't give up and she will have another bath tomorrow.

Hold her in my hand with water covering her back or its on her belly is okay?

Thank you :)

Oh and she is getting bigger I can see it. Also more cheeky!!! Opened her mouth at me when I tried to grab LOL so naughty!!!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad she's increasing her bugs as long as you're feeding the crickets. They need food so her food is full of good things. You can feed crickets bit of anything that you want her to eat in greens. That way they'll be gutloaded and give her veggies to eat. It's a win-win. There are also gutload squares in various colours, I've never used that, I give them roach chow and cricket food, it's round pellets and they love to break it down. I had a cricket keeper, so cleaned it out weekly when the new batch came in. Also gave them water crystals to drink from. You will always have dead crickets, it's the way of crickets.

My life will never be the same, I had Safara screaming almost all weekend (well slight exaggeration but she refused to get to sleep, Eric didn't put pull ups on his son, who can't hold his pee at night, he's only 3 for God's sake. I have to tell Eric that the only way to know if he's dry is to have him wear underwear and have a rubber sheet on the bed, but Eric thinks he knows best. Well, he's in my house and Leo will wear his pull up and not stink up my house. It's just the way boys work.

So that's my rant for the day, I got to spend more time with them and am trying to teach them that no, you can't touch that, means, no, you can't touch that. Guess they never had that at home...well they're getting it now. I can't completely baby proof my apartment but I can get them to deal with me with respect and do as I say when it's right. Period.
I'm such a mean grandmother!

Nathaniel and Castiel are in the bath, soaking for 20 min at least, then back in their tanks to dry off and back to sleep. I'll deal with Gabriel and Imp tomorrow, but I want to put Imp in the sunshine, same with Gabriel.

Talk to you soon, can't wait to hear what she's up to!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info on crickets. I really thought I had finished with them :(

Wow life sounds hard over there!!! But you are right of course. Kids need rules especially now so it must be such a change for them. Eric obviously needs to do this but I suppose he feels bad for them and over compensating maybe?

I am jealous that your big boys can just sit in the tub soaking away........... :mrgreen:

Naughty girl here this morning!!!!!!!!

I tried to get her for her bath as she was super ready for her breakfast ans she did a runner and thought she was clever by hiding behind the rock and holding onto it..... bad idea as I just grabbed the rock LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: got her in the bath and suddenly my hand was her best friend and she had a ten minute soak. Took her out and she didn't want to get off my hand which was nice. She chilled in my hand for a bit and then jumped onto her hammock and warmed up on her rock. Ah and as I tye this she jumped to her hammock waiting for food!

She may sulk with me but it is her fault for not taking water especially now with how hot it is and her age. I am sure she will forgive me in a minute when I give her crickets.

Oh, 8g now

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yep 10 crickets and ran off to her leaves to bask.

It is so crazy how they know your hand is safe place and all over it in the bath etc but as soon as in their tank they open their mouth at your hand!! Whats that about?

She is definitely bigger that's for sure. I look forward to feeding her mix. I hope she will love that! How much do you give cc wise? :lol: :lol: I am sure you have put a note in hahahahaa LOL

Babies........... wow what a difference!!! I can imagine Tengu just standing at the window thinking "what are you doing?" So lovely she was...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She was and she is watching and wondering about this little dragon that is in her home now and is glad you have her to keep you busy. Our dragons are very forgiving, even though they were sick to the point where nothing helped, they are always in our hearts and I do believe they look down from over the Rainbow Bridge to let us know they are ok, they know they are loved.

She is a little monkey, as for why your hand is the best thing in the bath, when she's in her home, she's got control again and therefore your hand can be the enemy :lol: That`s as far as I can figure.

Yes, it was very hectic today, it`s as if they`re out of control, so they`ve gone for another walk, with Bella the dog and hopefully the kids will be less energetic when they get back. I`m making up the beds. Eric keeps saying he needs to clean up after him and the kids. I say keep watching your kids and I`ll do the clean up, easier for me!

Oh well, it will all come in time.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeh that's a good point about having control in the tank.

Well she had 10 crickets this morning and just now she had another 10 dubia just now. So hopefully later she will have another 10.

She did her business this morning and is now basking. She seems very healthy and happy. Just time now for trusting me properly.

Kids not agreeing to the strict grandmother LOL

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG that wonderful news! And she sounds like she's really starting to trust you now completely, even though she does sass you alot :lol: She's so full of life!

And yes, strict grandmother but only when they're out of control, which doesn't take long. We had them from Friday night and it's mid day on Monday. Eric went to a coworker's this am, he has 3 young children and is also a single dad. So Eric is hoping they'll become good friends and he can visit once in awhile, give his kids someone to play with. They need to learn how to share but otherwise they're good. Safara still has Eric wrapped around all her fingers, and Leo tries to compensate by getting his attention in the wrong way, but that will settle soon. I can see how much Eric loves his kids and because my space is so small, he has to take them out often. That's when I stay home, clean up and relax!

My life will never be the same but in a good way. Nothing I can't handle.

Gabriel and Imp say hi, the rest would but they're all back to sleep again :mrgreen:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sass :lol: :lol: :lol: what a perfect word!! She does butself protect I guess even though shes quite happy to get the food!!!

Now she just had 10 crickets and basking on her leaves :D she had her eyes closed and opened them, saw me looking and closed them again :lol:

Yes she is full of life!! So fast!!! This morning was interesting because she did her business but it was shiny and wet which means she has enough water in her. Past ones haven't been like that so she definitely needed the baths. I wish she would take the water normally but it will take time I guess.

Big life change for you nowadays right! Will Eric eventually get his own place then?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, Eric will eventually get his own place but it's going to take a long time, we're figuring about a year. Sigh....I love my grandkids, they're just so full of energy and with two to keep an eye on, I'm glad Eric is always there.

Yes, she's very sassy and so funny. Glad she's continuing to eat lots of bugs, that will continue and she'll grow and grow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom