Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Latest picture of her.

This is her testing out her new twine. Took 5 days before she trusted it wasn't going to eat her :lol: :lol: :lol:

81643-3868681565.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Let me know the minute it shows up, just want to see how long it took to get to you. Sorry it took me to long to get to you.

I'm so glad Shiro is getting used to her routines and is eating so much, guess there will be another trip to the pet shop for baby roaches, you have to leave the breeding pairs alone once in awhile so they'll breed optimally.

So another wrinkle in the Tara/Eric drama. So Eric takes the two kids home to Tara on Sunday afternoon as planned. Next think you know, Leo moves in with us last night because Tara can't deal wit him and Safara, he's so frustrated he's hitting his sister. Not good. So he was fine today, will get him out more tomorrow. And see if he's here every day. He told her point blank to get used to having the two kids, as she has to deal with the two of them, but she can have a break and it will be better for Leo to be getting the attention of the adults in his life. Safara takes the attention away from Leo all the time (and knows what she's doing, too, little minx). This will all sort itself out and I'm sure, but it will take alot of time.

Imp was out in the sun alot today, left Gabriel in his tank today because he was really active yesterday and wanted to give him a break. He didn't move from his basking spot all day today, tomorrow I'll get more done with them, just have to get to bed early, as I was up at 7a with Leo this am.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Very quick one before I answer your mail

Can I use coconut cream on Shiro's tail at this age??

Yes she's chowing down!!!! So much better at my hand now :) am doesn't freak out as much at all and sits in my hand quite happily :) it's lovely :)

Just had to buy 100 baby dubia as she has eaten all the babies I had :( roaches are all together in core er ratio now so should be a lot of babies coming soon.

I HATE CRICKETS!!!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't blame you, I hate crickets, too, and don't use them anymore. I did check the 1 cresties that live together, Selene and Camilla last night and Camlla has lost alot of weight, she's down to 41g from 44g and her sister has gained alot, she's 49g from 44g. So now I'm hand feeding Camilla to get weight back on her. I'm not sure what's going on because they each have a food dish, weird. Bunny, too, has lost weight from 52g down to 44g but that's because I stopped crickets with her. And I don't want to go back to them, she doesn't eat roaches. I'll keep working on it.

I love hearing about how well she's doing and I knew you were going to have to buy small roaches and more before you'll have any more in your colony, be prepared, she's gearing up...

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So anyway, Leo has moved in now! WOW! It is like a TV show!

Your quiet life is now hectic!!!!! The crew must be thinking what is going on here :lol:

Meanwhile my little girl (I think) ate 21 dubia this morning!! She was like a ravage beast that hasn't eaten for a week!!!! Straight to her rock and then had a nose around and now back to rock. She is so comfy now and growing so the leaves arent big enough for her but shes not giving them up yet LOL

Yesterday I washed her hammock as she has decided that's where she does her business and now it is so small it is fine but I hope she starts to use the pet sheets. So her face when I took the hammock away :lol: :lol: :lol: it was like the end of the world.

Again this morning I was able to stroke her. It is so nice being able to do that without her freaking. I feel it has been quite quick, maybe because of having experience with Tengu? Well I am really looking forward to her getting bigger. Also I love the fact that I will be able to take pictures from a baby to adult.

Hope things calm down over there and talk soon. :D

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I so enjoy hearing about how much she's eating her bugs and that she enjoys your touch, that's always good news.

She's only going to want more bugs now, so get used to getting large amounts in for the next 3-4 mo or longer, their major growing period. Once they've hit 7-9 mo they're on their way to being adults. I have a friend who'd dragon is 8 mo old, 21" long and 700g. He's huge and not finished growing yet either.

I'm still struggling with keeping weight on Imp. Not really having the time to dedicate to him and Gabriel has been difficult, so tomorrow they have the same routine they've always had. I'm only 2 days late for their bath and mid week supplements. Gabriel should be getting serrepeptase every am, but I can't seem to keep to that schedule. Oh well, one day. The one thing in my house is it's very calm, so Leo is actually starting to relax. This Daddy out all the time (because of Tara and her dramatics, real, but still difficult to deal with) has affected him alot. The fighting that went on before they separated affected Leo the worst. So being in calm Nanny's house is helping in one way but he really misses his mom and doesn't know why he can't be at home. It's a difficult time, so I'm trying my best. But I won't take on Safara, too, only 1 of them and I prefer it to be Leo, I'm used to boys and how to raise them, not so much girls. But whatever happens, never 2 at a time more than a day in a row. Not even that if I can help it.

So tomorrow I'll pay more attention to the geckos. I have to get Camilla out for a feeding, so I'll have to find her. Eric will be out all evening, picking up the kids after work (first Leo here, then Safara at Tara's, plus deal with Tara, and get back here. So should be an interesting weekend. Eric will be here, as usual, and I'll spell him, but need to get some food made in this house, too, time to learn LOL

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi there

Yes Shiro is really coming along now. It is so cool to watch them from babies!! She now enjoys the twine and when she basks her little legs are back :lol: spends a lot of time at the front of the tank watching and jumps into her glass bowl of dubia as well now.

She is 15g now :) and 16cm. Holding her is great now. She doesnt freak out or open mouth. I gently put my finger close to her and then on her chest and she sort of hols my finger as I hold her and stroke her head. She is a very pretty girl :) It is bath day and she wont like that :lol:

Going to look at a house now. It is exactly 1 minute away from where I am now :lol: :lol: HUGE house though and brand new built. I actually have pictures of the original house being knocked down.

Glad to hear Leo is starting to relax. It must be very difficult.

I thought maybe the crew wouldn't be getting as much attention. I find it hard with one so how you do it I will never know :lol: :lol:

LOL she is now on the very edge of her hammock against the glass watching me :lol:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OOHHHHHHHHHHHH

She did it at last!!!!!!!!!!

Bath time and she sat on my finger quite happily and I started to drip water on her nose and she started to lick it (first time) and then she tried to eat my finger because she thought it was water supply and then out of nowhere she stuck her head in the water and started to drink the water :D :D :D :D :D

FIRST time ever and she finished and I took her out. I am hoping she understands she can drink and then get out :lol: :lol:

Tengu knew if she did her business in the bath she would get out and she did it every time!

Soooooooooooooo happy about that!!! Oh shes basking now giving me the stink eye :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I love your stories, she is so adorable. I'm so glad she's starting to really thrive. The package I'm sending you is from new bags, so good for 1 year if kept in the fridge. Even after that, it's still effective.

I'm doing ok, both kids here now, they stayed in Langley last night, at Tara's, and Eric slept on the floor in the kid's bedroom because they wouldn't settle (well Daddy was in their home, so how could they settle?). They are much different when they're apart, just explosive when they're together. So Tara is going to try having both of them, but she knows I'll come pick up Leo at any time, except Tues, have a test in the afternoon. We'll see how next week goes.

Gabriel is starting to slow down and I was in shock earlier, I had him in my hands and he moved and fell and I couldn't catch him. I hope I didn't allow any damage as he landed on his belly, on the tile on the kitchen floor. I'll see how he is tomorrow.

Imp had to be fed dubia, then ate some of the mix, not much, baths, supplements, the whole thing because there were no children around, bliss for awhile anyway!

Gabriel also had a long bath (this was after he fell), supplements and mix with tumeric. He's never happy that he has to eat more of that than he wants to, but he gets over it. It was dark and rainy today, so they were quiet, Gabriel spent some time on the living room floor, but he just sat there, so I put him back in his tank that he's sharing with Castiel (because he's asleep) and he's happy there, in the living room, can hear the TV. Imp, meanwhile is on the ramp and stayed there all day. They really don't move much when it's dark out, but when the sun is out they're full of energy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I love your stories, she is so adorable. I'm so glad she's starting to really thrive. The package I'm sending you is from new bags, so good for 1 year if kept in the fridge. Even after that, it's still effective.

I'm doing ok, both kids here now, they stayed in Langley last night, at Tara's, and Eric slept on the floor in the kid's bedroom because they wouldn't settle (well Daddy was in their home, so how could they settle?). They are much different when they're apart, just explosive when they're together. So Tara is going to try having both of them, but she knows I'll come pick up Leo at any time, except Tues, have a test in the afternoon. We'll see how next week goes.

Gabriel is starting to slow down and I was in shock earlier, I had him in my hands and he moved and fell and I couldn't catch him. I hope I didn't allow any damage as he landed on his belly, on the tile on the kitchen floor. I'll see how he is tomorrow.

Imp had to be fed dubia, then ate some of the mix, not much, baths, supplements, the whole thing because there were no children around, bliss for awhile anyway!

Gabriel also had a long bath (this was after he fell), supplements and mix with tumeric. He's never happy that he has to eat more of that than he wants to, but he gets over it. It was dark and rainy today, so they were quiet, Gabriel spent some time on the living room floor, but he just sat there, so I put him back in his tank that he's sharing with Castiel (because he's asleep) and he's happy there, in the living room, can hear the TV. Imp, meanwhile is on the ramp and stayed there all day. They really don't move much when it's dark out, but when the sun is out they're full of energy.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ahhhhh poor Gabriel :( but so easy to drop!! Well Shiro just jumps thinking she is invincible!!!!! Nowadays though she's not impressed that she can't fit properly on the leaves to sleep :)

This morning she was on the hammock waiting for dubia. You can set your clock to her!!! Let's me stroak her head and closes her eyes lol little beast!!! This morning she did have her fun of opening mouth and thinking my hand was there to eat her. It's so weird!!!!!! One minutes they are allowing you and the next minute they are trying to bite you.

Strange about the weather but I guess it's a normal thing really. Shiro is just bouncing everywhere rain or shine!

Signed for the house yesterday but have to wait for today to be over before it goes through (don't ask) it's INSANE here the way they sell houses.

Ah well off to zoo now :) glad you had a little break! Must of been bliss!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Yes, it was just too quiet LOL But I have both of the kids with me for the day tomorrow, should prove interesting.

She's become a bundle of fire and I don't know why they love us one minute and the next they're defending themselves, dragon thinking :lol:

My son is very frustrated about this whole situation. Tara still leans on him when anything goes wrong with her. He asked me, if he moved back home for the kids sakes, would I move into the basement and I told him never giving up my apartment and never living near Tara. So that was the end of that topic. So this week Tara and her mom have the kids, or so I've been told, so we'll see how that works. It would be lovely to have a couple of days to veg, still getting rid of the cold I have, but it seems to be going away more quickly than in May.

I have to take care of my dragons kids tomorrow, so the grands will just have to help me. Then we're going to put together a roast dinner in the crock pot for supper when Daddy gets home. They can eat before going home. At least he'll actually get food in his stomach for a change. Hopefully it's a very quiet week.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Parcel arrived :) :) :)

Thank you so much :)

One hung is Japan doesn't have butternut squash baby food or butternut squash LOL so I guess make it without is fine?

Can't wait to try! She's getting very greedy lately!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
OMG I can't believe it's there already, how in the world did it get there so fast? It's just been a few days, didn't I mail it last Wednesday? I can't even remember, my days are just babies and etc...

Do they have sweet potatoes or yam? Or green bean? What do they have because a bit of veggie baby food gives them more and makes the mix better.

Eric came home early with a swollen leg, which went down within a couple of hours, but his knee is twice it's normal size after icing it all night. We discussed going to the hospital but he vetoed the idea, so he and the two kids are sound asleep in my bed and I'm set up in the living room to sleep on the comfy mattress. Suits me fine, just grabbed a few important things...so he's going to try to go to work tomorrow, but he might not be able to. He was supposed to call his boss tonight but he put it off because he really wants to go to work tomorrow. He needs every penny he can earn and this is two early days, Friday because a job was finished and today because of something he did to his knee this past weekend. He's been complaining about his right knee for a few years now.

So the plan is to get him to hospital tomorrow sometime after I take the kids to Tara or Heather's tomorrow. I can't take him to hospital if we have the kids, so we'll see what happens tomorrow am.

What a day, after taking care of them since 7a. I guess I have more stamina in me than I think, because I've been managing them fine, I just have to be patient, they're only 2 and 3 after all. The dog is sleeping beside Eric on his other side. I wish I'd taken a picture...

The stuff I sent you is a full meal replacement, so you can give her this for lunch and then see if she still wants bugs. She needs LOTS of protein as there are her growing months. I'm glad she's getting greedy, it's a great sign of good health in dragon babies.

Remember how quiet my life used to be????

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Just a quick one but I made it eventually :lol: :lol: cooing sweet potato is hell! I then sieved the mixture through a very mine mesh so no lumps and went to give her it. She instantly ate it and then legged it from the syringe!!! Hissed and bit the syringe but ate more LOL it was like I hate you but I like the food. She had 3ml or so which is good yehhh

It is quite thick so do I need more water? and did you say it stays okay in fridge for two days?

It is so funny because she really likes it but hates the syringe!

Give her some bugs now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom