Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hahahahahha tonight she has finally realized the hammock is super comfy so she is sleeping on it :) legs back chillin :)

The leaves were proving too small for her now as she's grown a lot actually. She wasn't impressed but now likes the hammock :)

One of my images got published in a UK newspaper today :)

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry to hear about, Eric's leg. Not the best timing ever.

Do I remember how quiet your life was.? yep :lol: :lol: what a difference now. WowI hope it all sorts itself out soon.

Well big girl is hiding behind the leaves this morning. not sure what that's about as it is feeding time and usually on her hammock. She did sleep on the hammock all night which was cute :)

Later on will be bath time. I really hope she drinks again :)

Oh and yes should that mix be more watery than thick?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so glad she likes it. If you're microwaving to warm up, no more than 10 seconds. Keep giving it to her, will help her alot.

Had a long day today and have the kids again tomorrow. Eric went to hospital, they just said his knee was full of fluids and to follow up with his doc. For now to ice and take ibuprofen for pain. He took one of my codeine pills tonight and is sound asleep, so are the two kids. He's going to work tomorrow, on light duty, until his knee is back to normal. He has to get a dr appt asap. The ER doc in the hospital take him the letter for light duty at work and I think he needs to get a brace to help him walk, will find out tomorrow night.

Such a drag for him, especially because he can't remember doing anything weird to his knee or leg at all. So now I'll harrass him to get to the doctor! Oh the hassle of being a mom LOL

I got the boys out a bit this am in the sunshine but not for very long (those kids are like two hurricanes with tornadoes attached! :shock: Tomorrow morning, regardless of how they are, my boys need their food and supplements and baths, so that's it. I have to change the crestie food, too, which I'm going to get done and then go to bed. I'll be glad when they are feeling better and can sleep in the living room LOL

Give her a little snuggle from Aunt Deb :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ouch fluids! Maybe injection to take out fluid?

Well princess didn't eat her bugs this morning which is very odd. She had a bath and did a big number 2 and then jumped onto my hand to evacuate the situation LOL

I weighed her and after doing her business she was 16g.

I will try her with the mix again when I get back and see what she does. If she is freaking on the syringe is there a different way of giving it?

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She will probably run a lap around the tank if she sees something she doesn't know LOL

Well I got home to no bugs so that's good :) she's on her rock sticking her chest out looking at me as if to say "and where have you been?"

Try mix now :)

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well that didn't go down well :(

She attacked the syringe which scared me LOL and then I tried with a spoon and she attacked the spoon and bit it!!!!!

She hates anything coming close to her. I've left the spoon in the tank with mix on.

She's so nervous of anything and HATES the syringe. I will have to not use it for anything. Ahhhh babies

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Annoying!!

Syringe and spoon is out. This morning she ate 38 bugs!!! She's growing now. I can see a difference.

Pet shop is out of baby dubia and the crickets were taken care of so well they grew huge too quick LOL dam crickets!!!!!

I think my dubia adults have started to make babies again so I will have to raid it when I get back.

I wonder about silk worms? Cut them in half? (sounds bad)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Don't they have small silkworms at the pet shop? Or small other bugs besides dubia? And wow 38 dubia!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Nah only adults silk worms :( baby dubia yes but they have run out!!! Just ordered 1000 from Internet.

Yesterday she ate 47 dubia. LOL as I type to you I heard a noise and she had jumped into glass bowl!!!! Ahahahhahahahahah

She's eating very well :) she's grown that's for sure. Her little spikes are coming, very cute!!!

Just now she had a bath and did her business and then I cleaned out her tank and wiped it all down and she sat in my hand as I did that :)

Still very nosy and trying to sleep in leaves but she can't now she's too big! So she sulks for a while and then sleeps on the hammock :) she is also becoming whiter which is nice to see.

Glass bowl is the best idea ever by the way! Thank yo for hat little gem. I can just leave it in their and leave her to it. Also it's sort of hunting :) :D right now she's on basking rock staring down into the bowl watching them! Ah ahahahhaha today though is 18 only until the dubia come.

Silk worms...... I suppose if I cut them to size it's not that bad because a second later they are eaten anyway. Hmmm not keen on doing it so probably won't.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Silkworms don't cut that easily, I wouldn't think, what about just getting small crickets until the dubia show up? Do they have phoenix worms? Maybe a few of those?

She's getting more used to your hand to sit in it the whole time you wiped down her tank. :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
No Phoenix worms either. Just dubia, roach, adult silk and honey worms.

So today I gave her the bigger crickets but held them in the pinchers as she ripped it in half. Not pleasant but she seemed to enjoy it (a little too much) also dubia have had babies as well so she has had 39 again already and it's 14:00.

She climbed on the twine earlier after I adjusted it. She liked sitting on it looking at the bugs.

Definitely getting more used to my hand that's for sure. Once she's in my hand she's fine.

How's Gabriel? Is Imp eating yet?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gabriel is doing wonderfully and with the kids with their mother, they get more attention from me, too. Got their baths done yesterday, supplements. Gabriel likes to get onto the living room floor and walk around, it's fun to watch him. When I put Imp out, he always makes it over to his beloved ramp, :mrgreen: So now Imp will sit and let me put a dubia into his mouth and decide if he'll spit it out, but no matter what it takes to get it back into his mouth, he stays sitting, it's so funny. Before I had to hold him standing to get them into his mouth. This new way is better, but not sure if he'll continue being good :lol:

Your girl is so cute :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Nice to hear about Gabriel doing well. Imp is hilarious!! Just sits on HIS ramp all day!

White girl is watching me to remind me it is food time even though I am bugless. The dubia should arrive today but I cant see her wanting to wait! Yesterday she ate a piece of veg which was great but you know young uns, they will only eat that when they are hungry! :lol: :lol: I remember at the pet shop she would be jumping around to get a piece of veg. It shows how much they are not fed properly, even at a good place. I will go there today to get crickets as well.

Oh and the big crickets.......... she decided it is fun to tear them in half which is not pretty but hey that's their function in life, to feed lizards :D

All I can see right now is her head looking over the hammock!!!

This morning I stroked her chin and no problem at all. She is really good with my hand now which I am really happy about.

The Dubia had more babies but all gone now. I am happy I was able to breed them :) Must of had hundreds while I was doing it for Princess and then Shiro came along so good timing actually. Of course I wish my princess was still here :( I do miss being able to hug and put on my shoulder and take outside etc. Maybe I will take Shiro outside for a minute just so she gets a little sun. Hmmmmmm

Oh and shes shedding again already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom