Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ERGH

Tara thing sounds hell. Anything happened yet? Been to the summit LOL sorrybi should laugh but that's crazy

Gabriel is soooooo big. I hope he's around a bit longer but not in pain of course. Will you take him to vet soon?

I'm currently asking Microsoft why sign out isn't signing out and just reopening. It's so annoying. While I am doing this Shiro is basking in the sun :) my room has a huge window so the sun is beaming through and she's sitting on a towel enjoying it :) she's clever as when the sun moves she moves LOL. She's a little nervous in my room so it's good for her to enjoy the sun while getting used to it.

Eating more dubia as well which is great. Having to go through them to find small is hell. I will get a box soon and go through ALL OF THEM :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's growing and enjoying the sunshine, lucky baby :D

Considering that Gabriel is only 18" long, at 645g, he is big! He did so well this morning, walked from the living room to the dining room, then back across 1/2 the living room to stand at the balcony, waiting for me to pick him up. So I don't feel as bad, he's still having good days. He was very proud of himself when I caught him in the dining room. He was outed by Bella :mrgreen: the dog.

I'm glad she's gone through the move so well and she's eating lots of bugs, being bigger than what she's used to. It must be so much fun to watch her eat, bask, run around, get used to your new place. I'm so glad she's doing so well :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She is but the bad BOY puffed beard at me today!!!!!! LOL is that a boy thing? Oh and opened mouth.

It she liked the sunshine and of course I got a few shots :)

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
And now I'm getting the stink eye!

It wasn't hot enough in basking area because of house being quite cold so I put in the 100w bulb and had to lower the rock and she's pissed!

Digital point thermometer showing a 37-38 so not hot enough. I'm sure she will get over it! Also she has decided to do her business there sonit will stop that hopefully!!!!

Strange mood she's in today

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Of course it's too hot!!

Argh she will hate me tomorrow that's for sure!!!!

I will keep a very strict eye on the temps tomorrow. Every hour check and if it's too hot I will put back the 75w and put rocks up.

Now she is 4 months old. Maybe weigh in and measure tomorrow as well as clean the tank out. Maybe I will make up a hunting circle for her. This is where I make a circle from cardboard boxes sonshe cant climb out and put roaches in there. Has a run around catching them :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now that sounds like fun to watch, her running around catching her roaches instead of taking them out of a dish. You'll have to let me know how that works.

I got Imp up today, got a big poop in his bath, so it was time. I'm not concerned with the older 3, they'll be fine when they wake up. But Imp always sleeps after eating, so has to get up for baths, no longer than 2 weeks asleep before waking him up again. He's basking now and ate 1 ml of the mix but didn't want him to eat more.

Gabriel is moving around again, which is great to see. He climbed all over the counter after I gave him his bath. Now he's leaning on the cricket keeper, with most of his body on the heap of blankets next to it. So he's cooling off his head but his back end is still getting UVB :roll: That's my Gabriel :mrgreen:

You'll figure out the temps, different place, let me know, k?

I have to raise funds to get a new light asap, should actually get 2 as need one for the ramp, too.

Have had the children since yesterday late afternoon, it's been better than last weekend :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well this morning she was way more alert and happy face with the 100w light. This morning it was 40 and just now it was 42 so that's okay for a baby and she loves away to find her comfy area :)

Gabriel ....... cute! Sounds a funny boy!!

The roach arena went down well! Next time I will. Ale a video and send you it via wetransfer. Hilarious watching her :)

Bath time for her later and she is getting better. I will let her dry off in the sun as well. Lucky dragon let me tell you!! Now the greatvgirl has left the reptile shop it's gone down big time. Its such a shame :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, she's getting bigger and bigger and already has her routine in her new home. Makes me so glad you brought her home.

I'm so glad you got the temps right for her, so important and they will tell you off if you don't get it right. :roll:

I'm glad she's enjoying her baths more, they're important, too.

Not alot new over here, mainly child care. Leo decided that clothes were bad & stayed in all day, naked. Safara went out with Eric for awhile, so less energy with just Leo, even so, it's alot. So tomorrow I'm going out after lunch, will be nice to get away from home and they'll be on their way to Tara's by the time I get back, or close.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She definitely told me off yesterday that's for sure!!! Even a little black beard apperead!

Go home now and fix her up a bath. She will hate it LOL she's a sneaky girl because she learnt very fast that doing her business gets her out of the bath so she does it as soon as her little claws touch the water!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just let her, then clean out the sink and give her another bath. That's what I do, because mine are the same, as soon as their butts hit the water, tails are lifted :lol:

The kids are starting to calm down a bit better. Safara was out with Eric at one point, Leo just stayed home all day, so I'm expecting it to take awhile to get him to sleep!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well I wrote a long email and the server crashed so that was awesome........

Alex should really have something in place that saves your mail before it crashes like drafts in hotmail. Maybe pass that along?

Well big girl here is eating better. Ate 13-15 and more into it if you know what I mean. It's good to see. I think the 100w has really helped as she seems much more alert now. It was a steady 38-40 but now it's a steady 41-43 which she needs and she knows when to move.

Weigh day soon and definitely a bath day! hope Gabriel is all good

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gabriel is good, Castiel is UP and got snuggles for the first time since August. Imp ate 5 dubia yesterday (from my fingers, why use a dish when you can get away with it?) which isn't near enough but something at least. Mix day today, just have to get my butt out of bed, have breakfast, walk Bella who is sound asleep beside me, get dragon baths done, feeding, etc. I'm still waiting to hear from return to work to get at least 1 shift done so I can see how that goes.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Glad to hear Gabriel is good. Castiel is up :lol:

Well I had no idea the calendars were even being done as I didn't see anything at all :( :(

I just saw the 2017 calendar and I thought, ehhhh? I didn't even see a post about submitting images.

Ah well always next year I guess.

Shiro is big and loving the bigger lamp. She needs more time out of the tank so I will do that from tomorrow. It will be bath day so :) if it is sunny she can roam around my room and enjoy the sun :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
There are always requests for photos but they start in Aug/Sept. I didn't have a chance to get my photos in either, but as you said, there's always next year. So you have to check the global posts that show up when you enter a topic. It's always there, then the next one is that calendars are available to check & then the calendar comes out in November.

I'm so glad she's thriving so well! And yes, I'm sure she'd love more time out!

Castiel is back in his hide, his eyes were open this morning but closed again, so I covered the front of his hide and left him be. If he's awake tomorrow am, he'll be getting on his basking spot and I'll remove the hide. I can't abide dragons in hides with their eyes open when it's not necessary.

Gabriel and Imp are still with me, have to get them fed, off to the chiro today.

Talk to you later, love the updates! I did get a snuggle in with Castiel before he slept again.
11887-5728108841.jpg

And this is Gabriel's favourite pose:
11887-6818082044.jpg

Yesterday he ran around the living room for awhile, so he's still got some energy.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's you!?

Lol first time. You look great and Canadian LOL.

Have to keep my eye on the calendar thing.

Well yesterday I really hurt my right shoulder. Little worried about it. Hope it gets better today but I'm thinking I've damaged it. Physio tomorrow and I will have an ultrasound to check it. So annoying :(

Let you know about Shiro's weight later on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom