Shiro's great adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I would like to introduce my new baby beardie, Shiro (it means white in Japanese) becuase he or she is a white hypo beardie.

Really happy to have him/her and I hope questions and answers on this post will help other people that have a baby beardie.

To kick it off she/he is stunning and very cheeky already! Took dubia from my hand without blinking and jumped onto her hammock and is happily watching her new tank.

So far so good and vet check next week and every six months from there on.

My beautiful girl Tengu will be sadly missed but she taught me a lot and she will always be in my heart and memories, RIP Tengu chan we love you so much.

81643-5623108963.jpg

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeh HUGE difference!!!!

I will take a photo of one with a baby one at the side so you can see what I mean. She seems happy though her eyes went tiny when she saw them LOL I find the smaller ones and if the others grow too big I will put them in together to mate.

Winter, what a time to have a growing beardie!!!!

She is. Wry happily basking now with her head sticking right up LOL. I put 5 of the dubia in a bowl for her so let's see. So I guess 10 of these is same as 100 babies or there about! U think it's good for to chew as well. Get those teeth working, she seems bigger for some weird reason!!!

So tame now it's lovely :) pick her up and put her on my belly as she gets a stroke and then she runs up to my shoulder or has a nose around the house. I got a video of her trying to climb a pile of DVDS that are awaiting a book case. It was very cute!!!!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She's such a great part of your family, it's wonderful to hear. And she's taken over the house already! No relocations stress for her!

I'm off to the chiro, will talk more later. Gabriel had some adventures this am!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Look forward to hearing about, Gabriel!

Relocation fun for her!!!! So crazy as I was expecting something bad and she loved it!!! LOL cruising around like she's lived there for a year. This morning she was all up and about looking for dubia. Ate 5 and then ran to basking area. I left five more in bowl for her. It seems 10-14 is daily average for her.

I think it worries me because tengu ate too many dubia but she was an adult so I guess that's the difference.

How was the chiro?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad she's eating the bigger roaches, much more to chew on, and once she gets used to the bigger ones, she'll start eating more as she grows.

The chiro was fine, but she and I read the complete MRI report and the doc I saw yesterday (not my regular doctor) missed an important part. There is a cyst or a mass in my right kidney. So after the chiro apt I went to the doc office and ordered an ultrasound as was requested on the report, so not going back to work until I get the ultrasound done. I also need to exercise more to get stronger so I can manage at work when I get there.

Gabriel was cruising around today. I put him down in the living room this am, he walked across it, around the sofa and was standing under the worm bin. That's the most he's walked in a long time. He also doesn't like the light on the ramp, had to change it with the one in his tank, as that one ran out of UVB (well it's 1 1/2 yrs I've had that lamp and the UVB went just recently as I check them constantly. Don't have the $ to replace the one on the ramp until December, oh well, he can have a walk about and then back in his tank, plus alot of snuggles today, too.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh wow. Doctor missed a cyst!!!! Crazy

Gabriel :) :)

Well I have an interesting story about cat!

The original owners came forward and demanded "their"cat back!!!!!! Can you believe it!??! So the vet and cat rescue people said they will fight for us because they have found that cat in the streets six times so it's like abuse.

The owners mailed last night to say we understand they are not good for cat so new owners can keep him :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Imagine, did they just notice that the cat was missing? Stupid owners. Glad they realized that they're in the wrong and your cat is much better off with you. Glad to hear it.

And yes, the doc I saw didn't read through the report...so I've reported her but she's leaving for elsewhere end Nov anyway. I won't see her again, that's for sure!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Still report her. That's insane and so dangerous

Shiro ate five dubia this morning and six more in the glass for her. She looks so big lately LOL and shedding again!!!!!!

I look forward to weigh and measure day tomorrow :)

So 10 3-4 cm dubia is about right for her age?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No she should be eating more than that, that's not a very big dubia but then again, she was used to very small ones, right? So still getting used to the bigger ones. But she should be eating more within a few days. At least I think so, haven't had a healthy baby in years and that was before dubia.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Her appetite should improve soon, though that's quite a difference in size :shock: May take a month or more before she gets into that eating mode again. Bet she's starting another shed, too.

Listen to me ramble on. Imp doesn't seem to have the same digestive juices since about a year old and now he's not digesting some dubia heads, it's very strange as I don't give him really big roaches, more the small instead, plus I give him a good probiotic daily and he still isn't digesting well. I guess I'll have to get back to work asap to pay for vet bills again. :roll:

Gabriel is still doing really well, he seems to be stronger, if that's possible. He walks all over the living room lately, it was great to see. I had Leo today so couldn't really have Gabriel out, Imp is brumating so Gabriel is the only one up. He wanted to hold him, but he has too much energy and likes to move Gabriel's legs around, which I won't approve. So when the kids are here, Gabriel is stuck in his tank. At least he can look out and watch all the action, he seems to like that. My day today started at 6a when Eric left for work and Leo stayed up. I did get a couple more hours sleep with Leo, though, so that was good.

Now it's 9p, Eric had to take Tara shopping, so that took some time, he didn't get home with the kids until 8p, so it's been a hectic hour. The kids are now in the bath and will go to bed with Eric. He'll probably sleep the night away, or might get up in a bit and visit. We'll see.

I see the counsellor (free through work) tomorrow to go over what's happened and how I've, again, let my son put me into debt. My fault, can afford it, but still. I have no resources left that I'd put in place to help with this reduced income. So I'm doing what I can until Dec, when I get 3 pays, even if they're reduced, so can pay some bills more. It will be nice to do that. Everyone knows I'm broke, so not expecting anything at Xmas. We'll see how all that goes when Dec gets here.

I've also lost 15 lbs (not sure what that is in kg, I'm not good with the metric system :mrgreen: ) so feel lighter and a bit stronger, walking Bella and with Leo today, helped me walk better, so that was good.

Ok, I'm going now!

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well we have a kitten now LOL

The other cat was too wild and actually scary! Good news is the owners took him back! So for me it was fate. I think he wanted to go home.

So now black kitten is very cute usually they don't give kittens but because the house is so perfect they let us have it. Hasn't been wild as the vet found it and took care of it so you can't ask for better than that. Now it's very kitten and Shiro is just chillin in his tank watching her. Not bothered at all LOL.

Yesterday I put her in my room as the sun streams in and she was chillin in the sun looking very happy with herself LOL she was turned slightly like she wanted heat on her belly hahahahahahahhaha.

This morning she ate 7 dubia which is great as usually only 3-5 so later on she will eat more I'm sure. I try and find the smallest I can and the bigger ones I will keep for breeding.

How was the counsellor? And wow lost weight. It's always good!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I actually couldn't find the office for the counsellor, so will have to make another appointment. She called me at home just as I got back (looked for 45 min, she's in an office in a bank building in between two malls, had no instructions on how to get there!) so I got the complete instructions and will go again, probably in December. I'm trying to go back to work next week, very slowly, just 2, 4 hour shifts to start. See how I can manage that. My lower back hurts all the time now, but walking Bella (Eric's dog) has helped me alot, gotten me outside. Now to get to the gym and start there slowly.

That is so cute that you have a new kitten and Shiro's not affected at all. They will probably get to be good buddies when Shiro is bigger. Alot of cats and dogs think dragons are their personal pets LOL Bella likes my dragons, when she sees them, she goes up to sniff and lick and Gabriel, especially, thinks she's pretty cool :D

So the latest from Tara. She thinks my sister told her son that she is a bad mother. She accused me of the same thing, because Leo has been telling her these things, even though he's telling lies. I mean he's only 3 years old, he's been very badly affected by all the fighting he heard until Eric left. Now he wants to be with Daddy, so he's telling his mom these things, I think hoping she'll send him here full time. As much as I love him (he is adorable when he's in a good mood) I'm disappointed that he's using me and my sis (she was only over last Saturday for 2 hours, we made cake and cupcakes together!) to stay with his Daddy. that's what this is all about. So Tara has me going to a summit (that's what Eric called it) to discuss this, which is ridiculous as I never mention her to the kids at all and when I do, it's always flattering things. Eric needs counselling to get his head straight and he needs to stop lying to Leo about going back to his mom's on Sundays. We won't even be seeing the kids this weekend, as a punishment, I guess. I don't mind, it will be wonderful to have the weekend kid free for a change, but it better not continue. Tara is the one who insisted we take the kids every weekend, with no notice. Oh well, we'll see what happens. Her mom and dad will be there, as well as Tara, me and Eric. I'll be out of there as soon as I let it be known that my sis and I would NEVER do such a thing. We love the kids, period. Tara is such a bitch!

Gabriel is still doing well, but his tummy has gotten bigger over the last week. He stands up now all the time or leans on the cricket keeper, it's as if he can't lie on his tummy anymore, it must be bothering him so much. I give him Serrepeptase daily, it's a natural pain killer and I think it makes him a bit loopy, which is not a bad thing. He wouldn't eat today, he looks so uncomfortable. I don't know how long I'll have him with me, but I hope for alot longer. I snuggle him every day now. The other 4 are still sound asleep, makes for a quiet house.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She sounds a complete nightmare and a complete bi*** oh my.

I think they need to go down the legal road for custody etc. Kids need routine and balance you know that of course. They are like beardies LOL

Summit........ I would but my foot up her summit!

Oooohhhh I hope Gabriel is okay. Now I have experienced the loss of a beardie I can understand and it sucks. Meanwhile I have a big white girl who has been shedding non stop for weeks!!! She's growing so fast and the other day she hit 100g!

She's getting used to the MUCH bigger size dubia now. I will have to go through them all and pick out the smaller ones :( seperate box time. Winter.... So annoying for getting dubia :( especially the size she needs.

Sorry to hear about the counsellor office being hidden! Excatly what you don't need! It should have directions, that's stupid!

TRUMP! LOL

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just wrote a huge mail advising someone with a baby beardie :D it is quite amazing how much I know now, thanks to you! :D :D

Here are some pictures of my girl/boy? :banghead:

81643-8159113181.jpg

81643-2489849469.jpg

81643-6808445835.jpg

81643-2771650683.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
WOW, she's huge! I'm so glad she's doing so well.

I'm not looking forward to Saturday and told my son to come home today after work so we can hash this out. I don't want to be there at all. This nonsense has to stop. Kids say all kinds of things. Safara, the 2 year old, said F*** under her breath all the time because her mom says it when she gets frustrated. So maybe I should mention that, too. This whole this is absolutely ridiculous and when I get back home from the chiro, I'm going to call a # my brother gave me to find out how it works for Eric to see them.

Gabriel is still wish me, I just don't know for how long. So every day is a party with him, with lots of snuggles later in the day. He seems to want to stay in his tank lately, he's very uncomfortable, his belly is getting bigger and bigger
11887-5703559462.jpg

And this i what we were doing when Tara says my sister told Leo she was a bad mom:
11887-6277264519.jpg
We were making chocolate cake...

I'm off to the chiro, talk to you later. I love those pictures, she is a truly white beardie and so healthy!

Bella's gums are bleeding, seems my son has never brushed her teeth. So she needs to go to the vet for dental treatment, that's going to cost about $260 Cdn$, not sure what that is in your money. So between us we have to get that done or she will start losing her teeth. Just one more expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom