shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie lizzy is acting a little different. is this normal when there getting ready to shed because she's gotten darker, and i've read that is a sign of shedding

Hey there,

When my beardie Scarlet sheds, she gets pretty irritated. The color of their skin will dull (meaning his/her color wont be as bright/vibrant/). Try to keep her hydrated during this time. Maybe invest a few dollars in a small travel size spray bottle. They're like 99 cents at my local Walgreens. Just mist her a few times a day, maybe 1 or 2. That's what I did, and Scarlet had literally shed all of her skin except for half her tail and a little bit on her head, in like 5 hours. Mist her feeder bugs and greens with a little water, just a little though. I couldn't give you an exact answer, but my beardie most definitely gets somewhat agitated around shedding time. I would be a little irritated too if my skin was peeling off and itched like crazy haha. Bearded Dragons have some humorous methods of removing shedding skin. Keep her hydrated and fed, and have fun with her!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
garywhitehair":1hrp1hry said:
my beardie lizzy is acting a little different. is this normal when there getting ready to shed because she's gotten darker, and i've read that is a sign of shedding
It is quite likely and yes BD's tend to get a little grumpy when they shed. Bathing is a great idea and misting can ease the discomfort however I never recommend misting in the tank as too much humidity can cause breathing issues. Posting a pic could give you a definite answer :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom