Shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
I was wondering if the reason y chyna hasnt been eating like she normally does is because of her shedding. When a Dragon Shed do they lose their appetite?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Yes, it can affect their eating habits, and general mood.. When mine shed, they basically give me the stink eye, and won't touch even their roaches !
Hope this helped out !
Hugs,
Janie.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, shedding does affect. Mine will eat like a hog just prior to a shed, and then as the shed comes closer, barely eats and then eats normally after the shed is done.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Yeah, I guess so. It's the same with snakes. I guess shedding can be pretty uncomfortable and itchy. I'd probably be too irked to eat if I was shedding. :D

*Baths help a lot with sheds.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Hi there,

While shedding can certainly create a short lapse in appetite for many dragons, a decline in or overall lack of appetite can usually be traced to non-quality or absence of UVB light. Unfortunately, I learned this from experience. I am, of course, referring to your other thread to which I responded: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=102963&hilit=

Are you looking into a UVB light for your enclosure? :)

The best,
Em

onyxbeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes i am looking into a 24 inch Fluorescent fixture but no pet store in my area has them nor does the hardware store not even and MVB I cant order online cause i dont have a credit or debit card I dont know what else to do

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
onyxbeardie":f8a7c said:
Yes i am looking into a 24 inch Fluorescent fixture but no pet store in my area has them nor does the hardware store not even and MVB I cant order online cause i dont have a credit or debit card I dont know what else to do

If you have a checking account you can order from the link I gave you in the other thread (for the ReptiSUN 10.0 TUBE). PetMountain uses PayPal. :)

Most hardware stores (Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.) carry standard fluorescent fixtures. :dontknow:

Best of luck!

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom