sudden loss of appetite

spencer118

Hatchling Member
for the last few weeks june hasn't had as big of an appetite as she had before. sometimes she just stops eating her vegetables for a week or so because she gets picky sometimes but her behaviour is starting to worry me a bit because she doesnt want to eat as many bugs either, i thought this was because i introduced her to dubia roaches and she likes them alot more than worms, she could eat 100 if she really wanted to. she is also shedding a small patch on her head that i noticed a few days ago, because she hasnt been eating as much she hasnt pooped for about a week now but i dont think thats concerning.
i got a new arcadia t5 uvb on friday aswell because i was worried she wasnt eating because it wasnt working well...

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
What is her age? They tend to slow down on food some as they become adults.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Make sure her basking temps are 95-100 also. If temps are off it can effect appetite also.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post pics of June ? It may be that she's eating a bit too much for the a while now which can often cause sudden loss of appetite in mature dragons. If she started digging now then it would mean she's possibly gravid.

spencer118

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Can you post pics of June ? It may be that she's eating a bit too much for the a while now which can often cause sudden loss of appetite in mature dragons. If she started digging now then it would mean she's possibly gravid.
here are some photos from the last few weeks or so! i havent seen her digging yet

Attachments

• 20240202_190754.jpg
    20240202_190754.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20231222_104258_HDR.jpg
    20231222_104258_HDR.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20231228_110756.jpg
    20231228_110756.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 24

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hopefully it's just a temporary , we easily over feed them and even if it's not by much they sometimes seem to self regulate and go off food for a while. If she goes too long you can always have a bloodtest done just to be sure something else isn't going on with liver enzymes or high glucose.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom