shedding behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
my bearded dragon is goin thru a full body shed rite now. she usually eats like a beast, but yesterday she didnt eat at all, not evin her favorites[butterworms]. i was wondering if this is normal. she is 3 months 2 weeks old by the way.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
No need to worry! It is perfectly normal for a beardie's appetite to decrease while shedding.
Her eating habits should return to normal after her shed. :D

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i figured. i wasnt too worried. i juhs wanted to kno for sure. this is my 2nd beardie so everything isnt so new n im not stressing everything. that fisrt bearded dragon is a trip.

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
cashrokxsz":2ibd3rrr said:
i figured. i wasnt too worried. i juhs wanted to kno for sure. this is my 2nd beardie so everything isnt so new n im not stressing everything. that fisrt bearded dragon is a trip.
ain't that the truth :lol:

cashrokxsz

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i remember wen ever my 1st dragon used to eat 1 cricket less than usual i would freak out. the 1st shed was crazy "why is his skin like that!!??" lol. "omg, hes peeling" it was so stressin, but not anymore. this stuff is normal.

kariann

Hatchling Member
Baby beardies shed frequently as a result of their rapid growth. Each one will be a little different depending on when their growth spurts happen and I think their diet and environment play a major role.

Mine seems to have some body part in shed at about all times. His sequence is tail, all four legs, head, then body trunk: always in that order.

Yes, it is normal while they shedding they have days dat would eat a lil and days dat they won't eat at all.. just gave her a warm bath and she should be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom