Sexing a beardie during juvenile stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just wondering if you can sex a baby beardie? I have had one for 4 days now and I haven't given it a name yet because I don't know its gender yet. I feel bad :-( Thanks.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Beardies aren't easy to sex when they're young. From personal experience, by the time they reach the age of 8 months, you should be able to see 'something'. Earlier than that, they'd all look like females.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
They all seem to look "female" until their "maleness" shows, lol. Some show as early as 2 weeks and a select few can confound you for months.

Jeff

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hello & Welcome to BD.org! :D
And...
:blob8: Congratulations on the New Baby! :blob8:

We would love to see pic's of your new baby. :wink:
citrusdragon":50a07 said:
They all seem to look "female" until their "maleness" shows, lol. Some show as early as 2 weeks and a select few can confound you for months.
Isn't that the truth?! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom