screen or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

mece

im going to move my beardie from a 20 to a 40 breeder should i put a screen top or not i have a powersun with a lampstand i can lower it or should i get the top but if i do what could i use for basking to get her close enough to the light

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
With a breeder tank I would use a screen, since they are short. You'd be surprised how high a beardie can jump. Our adult can jump out of the water in our bath tub and nearly get out. If there were an edge for him to hold on to, instead of the smooth tub, he could jump right out. I'm sure he could jump out of a breeder tank.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
I like the idea of screens due to house flies! :shock: Little winged devils can carry Coccidia, which is extremely hard to eliminate :angry5: I'm on team screen! :D

Team screen for me. I've got a jumper and with a limb and a hammock in the tank he'd be out and gone in seconds. Plus the cat is always watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom