Sandpaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbauer65

I read a post (on another site) of someone using a patch of sandpaper under the food/water area to help with keeping the toesnails trimmed. Has anyone here done that or what does everyone do about toenails getting too long??
Thanks.

I used to do something similar when I kept pet rats. I'd put a brick under their water bottle so they'd have to climb on it to reach and it kept their toenails filed down. I don't know if I'd use actual sandpaper since a brick or a rougher bit of tile would work just as well and I'd worry about the sandpaper being too abrasive.

JennyBeen

I don't use sand paper, but instead use an exo-terra rubber mat that is textured with rocks (no loose substrate, but gives that appearance). This is much courser than reptile carpet or tile, though not so much that I think it causes any discomfort.

Dragons can also wear down their claws on climbing branches if you provide them one.

Otherwise, you can trim their nails yourself; it's not a big deal. We just got our dragon last week, and as an adult he didn't mind or even notice at all when I trimmed his nails. You just clip the lone black tip that is separate from the clear bit. It doesn't hurt them at all and keeps that needle tip from digging into you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom