salad dressing

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
reggie doesnt like eating his salad and i was wondering if the salad dressing is good for them?
thats what im looking at

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
reggie doesnt like eating his salad and i was wondering if the salad dressing is good for them?
thats what im looking at
This has a lot of sugar...can cause mouth rot.
A better way to encourage greens: leave out a mix of collard, turnip and mustard greens (Walmart has these mixed greens called "mixed greens" or "Southern greens").

Delay the normal bug feeding until they eat their greens. I have a camera in my viv, and when we delay bug feedings, he eats the heck out of the greens. A healthy beardie won't starve itself.

If your beardie is sick or fragile, this tough love tact, will not be appropriate.

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
This has a lot of sugar...can cause mouth rot.
A better way to encourage greens: leave out a mix of collard, turnip and mustard greens (Walmart has these mixed greens called "mixed greens" or "Southern greens").

Delay the normal bug feeding until they eat their greens. I have a camera in my viv, and when we delay bug feedings, he eats the heck out of the greens. A healthy beardie won't starve itself.

If your beardie is sick or fragile, this tough love tact, will not be appropriate.
hes only 4 months old and gets fed twice a day so i dont want to take away the protein he needs to grow. i will say he had a spell where he ate salads willingly because i was out of crickets and he didnt want dubias but as soon as he got crickets again he forgot all about his salad. he does have a salad in his enclosure all day. i dont have a camera so i really have no idea how much of it he eats but ive never seen him eat much willingly and it never looks like theres less in there.

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
hes only 4 months old and gets fed twice a day so i dont want to take away the protein he needs to grow. i will say he had a spell where he ate salads willingly because i was out of crickets and he didnt want dubias but as soon as he got crickets again he forgot all about his salad. he does have a salad in his enclosure all day. i dont have a camera so i really have no idea how much of it he eats but ive never seen him eat much willingly and it never looks like theres less in there.
I promise you, a camera with a decent app is worth the money...I would not have known that my guy was eating his salad without it.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
At just 4 months, I personally wouldn’t worry much about greens or stop any food sources. You can absolutely keep offering different greens/veggies to see if anything is appealing to him, but that protein and consistent feedings are so important right now while he’s growing. They will come around to trying greens alongside their feeders. You’ve got a young beardie, and I feel like it’s totally normal for many dragons to show very little interest in greens until they are older 🙂

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom