can bearded dragons eat yellow squash flowers?

LeroyTheRedDragon678

Original Poster
ight so my bearded dragon doesnt wanna eat his salad each time i make it and only depends on me hand feeding bugs to him and he is lazy to hunt himself for it when i drop them in his enclosure, but one thing is if it is okay for him to eat the flower of zucchini or yellow squash??

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Not sure. And he needs to learn how to hunt for his own food as he can become very lazy and then he wouldn't want to do anything since he will rely on someone hand feeding him. It is best recommend unless if they are injured or a rescue and need to be hand fed, it is best for them to catch them on their own

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
ight so my bearded dragon doesnt wanna eat his salad each time i make it and only depends on me hand feeding bugs to him and he is lazy to hunt himself for it when i drop them in his enclosure, but one thing is if it is okay for him to eat the flower of zucchini or yellow squash??
I agree with Hazel, work on increasing the activity level of your beardie. Most commonly, laziness is due to the lack of stimulation for the brain… in other words boredom, what size is you enclosure?

A bigger enclosure grants more space to explore, the bare minimum for a bearded dragon is 120 gallons and Id still consider that small, especially for an adult. I’d suggest upwards to a 200 gallon enclosure!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
I agree with Hazel, work on increasing the activity level of your beardie. Most commonly, laziness is due to the lack of stimulation for the brain… in other words boredom, what size is you enclosure?

A bigger enclosure grants more space to explore, the bare minimum for a bearded dragon is 120 gallons and Id still consider that small, especially for an adult. I’d suggest upwards to a 200 gallon enclosure!
Completely agree my tank is a 120 gallon which is plenty of room for my beardie as she has a stunted growth but it depends on how big you dragon is

LeroyTheRedDragon678

Original Poster
Not sure. And he needs to learn how to hunt for his own food as he can become very lazy and then he wouldn't want to do anything since he will rely on someone hand feeding him. It is best recommend unless if they are injured or a rescue and need to be hand fed, it is best for them to catch them on their own
i dont know the exact measurements because his tank was built by my moms friend, but i know for a fact it is big enough for him to roam around, and at times he does roam around but he always ignores the salad that is there, but i'll check in with the vet because he has an appointment today for a check up, though i feel like he got too spoiled, do you guys know any methods in to motivating a beardie to eat their salad? because he does hunt bugs on his own at times but im mostly worried that he wont eat the veggies.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
i dont know the exact measurements because his tank was built by my moms friend, but i know for a fact it is big enough for him to roam around, and at times he does roam around but he always ignores the salad that is there, but i'll check in with the vet because he has an appointment today for a check up, though i feel like he got too spoiled, do you guys know any methods in to motivating a beardie to eat their salad? because he does hunt bugs on his own at times but im mostly worried that he wont eat the veggies.
Okay. You can put a little bee pollen,BSFL, or a little honey on the salads.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes they are edible for humans and animals and are high in calcium, iron and other good things.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom