Rosie's bad nail What to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
ouchie!
Lexi had a nail very very similar to that when i first got her, and when i took her to the vet for a checkup, he removed it and gave me some antibiotic ointment to put on it.

recently, another bad nail actually just cam out of her little toe socket, it was a really clean slide out and no infection thank goodness.

Can you take Rosie to the vet? Im wondering if that would be best in case it becomes infected or snagged on something... it LOOKS like you could almost remove it yourself, but thats a scary thought i know ... it looks like the nail could come off easily, but there is more "nail" or tissue of some sort growing behind it ... hmmmmm. poor Rosie. im wondering if its dead tissue and she cant feel it or does it seem to be bothering her. i know they mask pain TOO darn well.
I would take the vet route myself, just to be cautious and to get it removed safely.
I hope everything works out!!! Let me know how it goes!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
A few months back she had something skin-like farther up around that nail. A few weeks ago I put some triple antibiotic ointment I had gotten at a local store and that's when the skin(?) disappeared, like the next day, and then the nail started twirling in 360 degrees. I thought it might just fall off sometime but it's no longer bothering her, before I did the ointment thing I would touch it she let me know it bothered her then but it doesn't now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom