Rogue- Please Visit This Link!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody! My name is Jessie. I'm 16 and have been in love with beardies since I was a little girl. Due to financial issues (and the fact my mom hates anything scally) I could never get one. Until this year. I finally got a job, allowing me to buy my first bearded dragon! With out further ado I give you ROUGE!
561152_318458814912736_2012932448_n.jpg

I rescued her from a very poorly cared for petsmart. She was in a 10 gallon tank with woodchip bedding, and they only fed her like 5 large crickets once a week. It was awful!!!!!!! It was love at first sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I took her home. She was a little fire cracker. She didn't have one second of relocation stress and she warmed up to me on like the third day. She's currently sleeping on my shoulder. I've had her for two months now and I couldn't be happier!!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I have lots of news for you guys! First of all I get to keep Rogue. We're giving her to a friend of mine to hold when we have inspections, then we should be clear for 6 months. I was so happy when my mom told me that I wouldn't have to giver her up. I danced around the livingroom :lol: Rogue just finished shedding. She's been the crankiest little girl for the past week. I tried putting her harness on her the other day. The good news is it finally fits. The bad news is it freaks her out. She started running across the floor bearding. I tried to get it off of her, but she was moving around to much. Then she threw up. I didn't even know beardies could throw up. I felt so bad afterwards! I don't think I'm ever trying that again.

Thing arn't going to great for me. I have a sinus infection, and apparently gastritous. I can barely breath, and I can't eat any of my favorite foods! This sucks. :banghead: But on the plus side winter break is coming up and I have great plans! My uncle is coming back from being deployed, it's the first time I get to see him in months. I can't wait! :blob5:

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Yay for Rogue. I'm glad you can keep your baby. But poor thing, being so stressed out by the harness. Nim probably would be like that too, but I harness trained him from a young age, apparently. :D

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like fun at all. Hope you get better soon. I'll pray for you. :D

jezwolf175

Sub-Adult Member
:D Glad to hear about Rogue being able to stay with you! I was worried about you guys. Sorry to hear about your health though. I'm getting over what I can guess to be a flu and I was so unhappy that I couldn't taste my foods. But hearing what is going on with you I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Lol Take care and get well soon!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":17tj2sub said:
Yay for Rogue. I'm glad you can keep your baby. But poor thing, being so stressed out by the harness. Nim probably would be like that too, but I harness trained him from a young age, apparently. :D

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like fun at all. Hope you get better soon. I'll pray for you. :D

:D I'm glad too. I don't know what I would have done if I had to give her up. I know I felt so evil after I got it off. Rogue has always hated her harness, but she'll need it when summer comes along.

Thank you! It's not really all that awful, the only part that really sucks is having to take more meds. I already take three as it is.

jezwolf175":17tj2sub said:
:D Glad to hear about Rogue being able to stay with you! I was worried about you guys. Sorry to hear about your health though. I'm getting over what I can guess to be a flu and I was so unhappy that I couldn't taste my foods. But hearing what is going on with you I guess I shouldn't be complaining. Lol Take care and get well soon!

Thank you. I just hope we don't get caught with her. That would not be good, but I'm never giving up my baby girl! Thanks again. I have the worst health in my whole family. Between my cold, alergys(Spelling?), gastritous, depression, and bipolar I'm have like seven meds right now, but hopefully I'll get better soon. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I just read your whole thread, boy what a shock with the cancer scare, then that nasty lady who did the inspection. Hopefully they do give you notice so you can move her out for the day, I'd be heartbroken, too, if I had to give up any of my boys (I have 5 adult males, love them all to death). Rogue is a beautiful dragon and I'm so glad you're able to keep her! I loved all the pictures, she gets brighter as she gets older. I'll be keeping track of your thread now that I found it, I've been a member on here since I got my 1st dragon in 2006, so have made alot of good friends. I've always loved this site, even though sometimes you come across a thread where there are arguments. But your thread is great, I can see you've made alot of friends and it's great to have friends who love beardies!

You said you were able to get into college next year, have you chosen one yet, or is it too early. I live in Canada, like Holly, near Vancouver, BC and the kids here have to stay in high school until they're finished Grade 12, yuck. So good luck choosing!

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
Deb

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3npjp4yr said:
I just read your whole thread, boy what a shock with the cancer scare, then that nasty lady who did the inspection. Hopefully they do give you notice so you can move her out for the day, I'd be heartbroken, too, if I had to give up any of my boys (I have 5 adult males, love them all to death). Rogue is a beautiful dragon and I'm so glad you're able to keep her! I loved all the pictures, she gets brighter as she gets older. I'll be keeping track of your thread now that I found it, I've been a member on here since I got my 1st dragon in 2006, so have made alot of good friends. I've always loved this site, even though sometimes you come across a thread where there are arguments. But your thread is great, I can see you've made alot of friends and it's great to have friends who love beardies!

You said you were able to get into college next year, have you chosen one yet, or is it too early. I live in Canada, like Holly, near Vancouver, BC and the kids here have to stay in high school until they're finished Grade 12, yuck. So good luck choosing!

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
Deb

Wow you read the whole thread? That's quite a bit of reading! I was pretty shocked, but I'm glad everything turned out okay. They did give me two day notice, so I asked one of my friends to take her for the night. She loves Rogue and takes any opportunity to take her from me :lol: I cried for an long time when the lady told me I had to get rid of her. I was a mess! I wish I could have that many beardies, but my dad hates Rogue and wont let me get anymore until I move out. Thank you! It is great to have friends to share all your stories with. Everyone else just looks at you like you're crazy :lol:

I havn't chosen yet. I made an appointment with my guidance counselor next week to start looking. What's it like in Canada? I don't know what I'd do if I had to stay in my school another year. There's a lot of drama and I can't wait until I'm out!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Happy late V-Day everybody! I got Rogue back from my friend's house yesturday. Rogue was not happy with me. Aparently their cat spent the entire time batting at the viv. She was covered in stress marks. I felt like the worst mommy in the world! She's okay now. I finally got her a ceramic heat emiter! She loves it. had an awful V-day. My whole school exchanged carnations. Everyone in my homeroom got like four and I didn't get any. I felt very unloved :( But I got home and my mom gave me a box of chocolates, so I guess it wasn't that bad. I ordered Rogue some phoenix worms. She hasn't had any in months so I tought it would be a nice treat. I also got her this pink plant for her viv and painted a background for her. Her viv was starting to look very plain. I plan on getting a stand for her viv, because right now it's sitting on the floor and my brothers wont leave her alone. But I cant find one thats big enough that I can aford.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad you got Rogue back, and that her stress marks disappeared so quickly. And glad your mom made you feel better when you got home from school. People can be cruel. As for the stand, try Craig's list, you'd be surprised what you can find on there that's very inexpensive. I just love the backgrounds you've been making for Rogue's larger viv, interesting and it gives her something to look at!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So am I! I couldn't stand being away from her for so long. Even if it was just a day. It wasn't so much that people were being mean it was more the fact I had nobody to celebrate with. Thank you, I love painting her backgrounds, there always so much fun. This one is more polka dots than splatters. It was so funny. She was sleeping when I put up the background up. She woke up and started licking the glass like crazy. I hope it tasted good :lol: I'll have to check craig's list I always forget about that site.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, Rogue is absolutely beautiful. And I love her viv. She looks healthy and fat. :D She's in perfect health, I say.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
She's beautiful! It's amazing to watch how they grow from so little into the big monsters we love dearly.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
TheWerewolf":1ep9eq2x said:
Oh, Rogue is absolutely beautiful. And I love her viv. She looks healthy and fat. :D She's in perfect health, I say.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you think she's healthy. Everyone around my house calls her obese :roll: I think she's perfect the way she is.

zandi202":1ep9eq2x said:
She's beautiful! It's amazing to watch how they grow from so little into the big monsters we love dearly.
Thanks! I know what you mean. I remember when she could sit on my pointer finger. I kind of miss those days, but I love her just the way she is!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Winter vacation started friday! I'm so happy. No school for a whole week. Last night my grandma picked me up from work around 11:30 pm. We had to drive an hour and a half to Utica. I get to stay with her until wednesday when I have to work again. My mom is looking after Rogue for me, but I miss her so much. I told my mom to text me pictures of her every few hours, let's see if she really does it :lol: I wrote her detailed instructions of how to take care of Rogue, even though I'm pretty sure she knows what she's doing. I have great plans for the next few days. I want to take my grandma to the movies and out to dinner, my treat. But I doubt she'll let me pay for it. She can be a bit stuborn sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom