Rogue- Please Visit This Link!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody! My name is Jessie. I'm 16 and have been in love with beardies since I was a little girl. Due to financial issues (and the fact my mom hates anything scally) I could never get one. Until this year. I finally got a job, allowing me to buy my first bearded dragon! With out further ado I give you ROUGE!
561152_318458814912736_2012932448_n.jpg

I rescued her from a very poorly cared for petsmart. She was in a 10 gallon tank with woodchip bedding, and they only fed her like 5 large crickets once a week. It was awful!!!!!!! It was love at first sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I took her home. She was a little fire cracker. She didn't have one second of relocation stress and she warmed up to me on like the third day. She's currently sleeping on my shoulder. I've had her for two months now and I couldn't be happier!!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've had a great day today. Me and my grandma went shopping for a while. We went to walmart and platos closet. My two favorite stores. Now I'm just chilling while she cleans the bathroom. I picked up some blueberries for Rogue. I know she's most likely very cranky. She gets upset when I'm gone for long periods of time. I figured her favorite fruit would cheer her up :) I miss her so much!!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
:lol: Hey bribery works. Rogue can be a little stinker sometimes but she does love her blueberries.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Will have to find Jace and Lance's Achilles heel. I haven't really tried any fruit yet as treats. I'm waiting for them to get a little bit bigger.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Rogue doesn't like most fruit. The only ones she'll eat are blueberries and strawberries. I guess most beardies aren't to fond of fruits.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've had a very interesting day today. I had to drive home in the snow and it was horribley windy. I finally made it home alive and the first thing I did was go see Rogue. I felt like an awful mommy! She was all stress marks and stink eye. Apparently my mom only took her out for 15 minutes in four days. I was as little ticked, but at least she was feeding her and turning on her lamps. I gave her some blueberries, it took a minute but she was definetely happy. I took her out and let her run around for a while. She's fine now, she's taking a nap in the window sill.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
:lol: Yeah, they'll be gone in like a week, and I got the biggest box I could find. I spend so much money on her food, but I'd do anything for my baby girl!

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I had a very interesting day today. I had to babysit for my next door neighbor. She has three kids a five year old, a ten year old, and a 12 year old. Her kids are evil, I swear. I love kids and most kids listen to me, but these kids are imposible to control. They spent the whole day screaming and yelling. But I need the money. She pays $60 for 6 hours. Rogue saved the day though. I decided to bring her over and the kids loved her. They spent like an 1/2 an hour with her. Just goes to prove the magic of beardies :lol: I got home and gave her her worms and a fresh salad with blueberries. She ate every little bit of it. Right now she's cuddling on the couch with me and watching american idol.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm really mad right now. Aparently our electric bill went up like 30 dollars since I got Rogue. Funny how my dad didn't start complaining until 10 months later, but none the less, he made me turn one of Rogue's lights off. It's not nearly light enough in her tank and he temps have dropped 96 and they're still dropping. I don't know what I'm going to do! I can't leave her like this! I offered to pay Rogue's part of the electric bill, but he wouldn't accept the money. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
That sucks! Can you do extra chores to make up the $30? Could you put Rogue in a well lit room and just use a UVB and and a CHE? UTH are very cost effective to run, I know they're not perfect for BD's but atleast she'd be warm. Could you be rebellious, turn on the light and hand your dad the $30? I hate to suggest it and I wouldn't want trouble for you in your home, but as a mommy myself, I am personally impressed by conviction. Keep us updated.

noelerhard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I already do all the chores possible. The only place we can fit her is in the living room, we have a really small apartment. What my dad wants to do is up the basking light wattage to 200/250 (depending on what we can find) and use the CHE at night. That will get rid of some of the cost, but I'm worried that will make the basking spot to hot. I don't know where I would get a UTH, our pet store doesn't have them.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
It can find sone on Petco and Petsmarts websites. Back when I had Kamajii 100 was too cool for him so I put the UTH next to his basking spot. Kamajii was my first beardie who I returned because he had epileptic seizures and I didn't have the time or money to help him. He was really little and the UTH on the side really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom