Roach question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
Do these FLY? :shock:

I have superworm beetles and mealworm beetles but they DO NOT FLY...

Someone please tell me that roaches don't either.. PLEASE, OH PLEASE!

Triage

Hatchling Member
I have had mine for about 2 months and I have yet to see one fly. Heck, MY adult males don't even try to flutter when falling to the ground. Yeah, I'm clumsy. ;-)

Virus

Hatchling Member
Well to be honest I had ONE fly, but it was once, and he didn't get far...though he got pretty high.

I had left the lid off for a while after lunch time for my beardie babies. Well while surfing the net, I caught something fluttering in the corner of my eye about eye level (standing)...so about 5 feet and some change. However it landed immediately, and I investigated my beardies viv, to find a male running around randomly. Fortunately for him he's too big for my babies to eat, so I had to take him out..otherwise I would have left him to his fate.

Other than that, I have only heard of one account of a male flying, and that was in an old study after introducing wild specimens to the bloodline of those in captivity. So in a really strong bloodline it COULD happen. But I would bet money that it won't.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I've seen mine fly a short distance, like a foot, and only a few inches off the ground. At times something (pheromones?) triggers all the males to go crazy, running around trying to fly. Has anyone else seen this? It's entertaining to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom