RIP Jojo <3 *8/23/06~6/29/10*

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
beardie osk":hpvofdgh said:
puppytoes72":hpvofdgh said:
Thanks Christine. No,I haven't heard back from the vet office.

She has had 2 baths today and still hasn't pooped. One thing I did figure out is that her LEFT side is more tender than the right side.

Sorry she hasn't pooped yet, but her appetite hasn't been normal, right?
Isn't that a good sign, Michele, that her pain is not on the right side? If your looking down on Jojo from the top, her liver is on the right side, so hopefully the liver is not involved. I'll be so glad when she has the ultrasound, as I'm sure you are too! Are you taking time off from work?
The liver is on the right side? Then that is a good sign that her pain is on the left! :D Yes I am taking tomorrow off.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi Michelle
Just checking on on you and Jojo.Did the vet call you back yet?
The UltraSound really should show pretty much any reason why her belly would be swollen including air so hopefully you will get some answers tomorrow.What time are you scheduled to bring her in?Yes the liver is on the right side so if she is more tender on the left then that might be a good sign.I was actually wondering if this time it might be a kidney(left side) since she has been so thirsy as of late but then again it could also simply be air or possibly a muscle injusry with all her recent activity.I would not resign yourself to anything at this point until you see what the US shows and by all means do not lose hope.Jojo is a walking miracle already so I would not put anything past that little one :wink:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
puppytoes72":3gez3r28 said:
beardie osk":3gez3r28 said:
puppytoes72":3gez3r28 said:
Thanks Christine. No,I haven't heard back from the vet office.

She has had 2 baths today and still hasn't pooped. One thing I did figure out is that her LEFT side is more tender than the right side.

Sorry she hasn't pooped yet, but her appetite hasn't been normal, right?
Isn't that a good sign, Michele, that her pain is not on the right side? If your looking down on Jojo from the top, her liver is on the right side, so hopefully the liver is not involved. I'll be so glad when she has the ultrasound, as I'm sure you are too! Are you taking time off from work?
The liver is on the right side? Then that is a good sign that her pain is on the left! :D Yes I am taking tomorrow off.

I'm glad your not working, and I'll be looking forward in hearing about the ultrasound report.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Vicky,I have to bring her in by 7:45am. No,the vet never called me back :roll:
Hmmm,maybe it is the kidney then.Whatever it is I hope its fixable! Thank you for having so much faith in my little girl.She truly is a miracle.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Isn't that strange Michele that Dr Snyder didn't call you back, I wonder if she ever got the message? :? I agree that Jojo is a "miracle" beardie and has never done things by "the book", that's why Dr Sean shows such an interest in her and will do the best he can for her and what he feels is right. We know how much faith you have in him.

I ran across this picture tonight and thought I would post it. I love the gleam in her eyes and that adorable tongue. :p I knew you wouldn't mind if I shared it with everyone. :wink:

100_0351E.jpg

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Awwwww,I love that picture of her,thank you for posting it! I remember when you made that for me for an avatar picture :D
I'm kinda wondering if Dr Snyder got the message too.Well tomorrow morning will be here soon enough and hopefully I will have some answers.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, it was a while back, I had actually made several different ones with a variety of coloring. This one was the largest in size, I was hoping I had one of the pink framed ones in a big size, but I didn't. I know pink is your favorite color. Here's a couple of the smaller versions though, just for you.

100_0351G.jpg

100_0351J.jpg

Yes, you certainly should get some answers tomorrow and we're all hoping that it's an EASY FIX. Hope you are able to get some rest tonight.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Diane
That is just the sweetest photo! I don't remember ever seeing it before.Gosh you just gotta love that tongue!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I was fooling around a few years back making an avatar for her. I don't think she ever used the orange framed one but did use the pink one for a while. It is very precious, isn't it? I know we will all be thinking about Jojo and Michele tomorrow. They are both strong, sure hope things can get better and NOT be the bad news that Michele is expecting.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Michele,

Just a quick note regarding the liver. It is more in the center of the body, more or less. The kidneys are much lower towards the caudal part of the body, & are located evenly on each side. So, it does sound like it is possibly a kidney that is bothering her a little bit. The ultrasound should give quite a bit of information. Are you getting a blood test done, too?
Good luck in the morning!
That is such a sweet little picture of Jojo.

Let us know how things go, I will be thinking of you both!

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thanks for that info Tracie. I actually wondered if their kidneys were like humans and in about the same place as ours are and evenly on both sides. I wonder if beardies can get kidney stones :?:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm waiting to hear back from Michele, Jojo should be having her ultra sound right now. She is having quite a few spasms this morning, did eat a few tiny pieces of banana. Will update as I hear more.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Thanks for an update Diane. I am waiting anxiously to see how things go. Thinkin and prayin about ya both, Michele and Jojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom