Reptile Group forming in upstate New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
There's another group in upstate. http://upstateherpetological.org/
Not really important to mention it, but they might make good allies. :lol:
I'm in Syracuse, but my parents say that I'm not going anywhere until I get my license. My permit is apparently not good enough :banghead:
Then I just need a car. :banghead:

carmallarm

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for posting about the rescue in NY! I sent the info along to our group leader. They may be interested in forming an extension of the group, or maybe they could get some start-up tips.

The first meeting was a lot of fun! We met at City Zoo, which is a pet store in Elmira. We had about 12 people show up, which isn't bad for the first meeting for people with a niche hobby. I got to hold a really friendly 5'-long snake with the smoothest scales, and one of the guys brought his two little kids, who ran around the store locking eachother up in bird cages and "rearranging" the products on the shelves. :) I also saw the biggest Oscar (type of fish) I've ever seen in my life. It was about a foot long and colored bright orange and dark grey. I though it was about to jump out of the tank and eat my face!

I successfully re-homed my adult female Bearded Dragon to a really nice guy who calls himself "the hippy" who breeds corn snakes. He said his wife has been looking for a Beardie for a while, and he got lucky when he adopted Sunny because along with her 40-gallon tank + extra supplies, he inherited my Dubia colony, which I estimate has around 3,000 + individuals now.

It looks like there may be another meeting in November, so if there's anyone else in a reasonable driving radius from Elmira, we'd love to meet you! The group has a new website on Yahoo, because Blast Groups had a glitch that wasn't letting people join. Here's a link to the new group:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/SouthernTierNYReptiles/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom