ReptiCon

Status
Not open for further replies.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jsnsan":p7gj1urn said:
Man I am so jealous! Nothing like that ever comes to Anchorage. Have a great time!! :D
Im pretty excited,I have no clue what to expect!

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
jsnsan":2u94ettw said:
Well, I for one am going to expect pure awesomeness for you. :wink:
Im missing the beardie seminar on saturday because of work and school,but Im sure there will be TONs of beardie stuff there! I would take you all with me if I could!! :D

Erikusan

I'll be in attendance! I just ordered the VIP tickets for my fiancee and me so we can get in an hour early and get free sample swag. So excited! Just think of all the beardies and leopard geckos!

If I thought they'd let me, I'd be tempted to bring Baz.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Erikusan":4ax9iojd said:
I'll be in attendance! I just ordered the VIP tickets for my fiancee and me so we can get in an hour early and get free sample swag. So excited! Just think of all the beardies and leopard geckos!

If I thought they'd let me, I'd be tempted to bring Baz.

Lucky! Since your there now let me know how it is!! Hopefully I get off work early enough to go! Thankfully I don't live far!

Erikusan

After Action Report:

Well, it was pretty cool. I got to meet people from Carolina Designer Dragons and TND Dragons (and a few others, but I can't remember their names). Sadly, Repticon seemed to be about 70% snakes, and a mixture of geckos, pet supplies, spiders, turtles, and beardies. The beardies were gorgeous, though not necessarily cheaper than I've seen elsewhere, though I know these were probably better-taken-care-of than ones at the average pet store. Carolina Designer Dragons had the tamest, calmest beardies I've ever seen, and put on a great presentation for those unfamiliar with what bearded dragons are and how to take care of them.

The biggest disappointment about Repticon was the lack of beardie merchandise. I saw a total of two bearded dragon t-shirt designs, and only Carolina Designer Dragons had sculptures and jewelry, but those were made by Jason Shanahan. One day, I WILL find a plush bearded dragon.

Also, I'd been hoping to buy a dubia roach kit, but there was only one feeder supplier there, and they were out of roaches by 11am on Saturday.

To anyone curious, the VIP admission got me a plastic bag of Zoo-Med swag, mostly small packets of hermit crab and cricket food, a sticker, and a product catalog. I'd say $12 for VIP entry was a pretty decent deal - any more and I would have felt a bit ripped-off.

Side notes:
- I've never seen that many snakes in my life, nor have I ever seen animals as expensive as some of the snake morphs.
- Why are dealers selling pygmy possums, hedgehogs, and spiders at a reptile convention?
- Why would anyone need a two-day pass when the dealers and exhibits are the same?
- More exhibits would have been nice.
- Met an awesome beardie owner who was wearing his dragon on his shirt during the con and gave me great advice on feeders and custom cages. The catch is that the enclosure company he mentioned (Cold Blooded Cages) seems to be out of business, or at least offline for years.

Anyway, worth the price of admission and an hour-long drive each way, but more bearded dragon breeders and dealers would be great.

anc90

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Erikusan":nrcesrqy said:
After Action Report:

Well, it was pretty cool. I got to meet people from Carolina Designer Dragons and TND Dragons (and a few others, but I can't remember their names). Sadly, Repticon seemed to be about 70% snakes, and a mixture of geckos, pet supplies, spiders, turtles, and beardies. The beardies were gorgeous, though not necessarily cheaper than I've seen elsewhere, though I know these were probably better-taken-care-of than ones at the average pet store. Carolina Designer Dragons had the tamest, calmest beardies I've ever seen, and put on a great presentation for those unfamiliar with what bearded dragons are and how to take care of them.

The biggest disappointment about Repticon was the lack of beardie merchandise. I saw a total of two bearded dragon t-shirt designs, and only Carolina Designer Dragons had sculptures and jewelry, but those were made by Jason Shanahan. One day, I WILL find a plush bearded dragon.

Also, I'd been hoping to buy a dubia roach kit, but there was only one feeder supplier there, and they were out of roaches by 11am on Saturday.

To anyone curious, the VIP admission got me a plastic bag of Zoo-Med swag, mostly small packets of hermit crab and cricket food, a sticker, and a product catalog. I'd say $12 for VIP entry was a pretty decent deal - any more and I would have felt a bit ripped-off.

Side notes:
- I've never seen that many snakes in my life, nor have I ever seen animals as expensive as some of the snake morphs.
- Why are dealers selling pygmy possums, hedgehogs, and spiders at a reptile convention?
- Why would anyone need a two-day pass when the dealers and exhibits are the same?
- More exhibits would have been nice.
- Met an awesome beardie owner who was wearing his dragon on his shirt during the con and gave me great advice on feeders and custom cages. The catch is that the enclosure company he mentioned (Cold Blooded Cages) seems to be out of business, or at least offline for years.

Anyway, worth the price of admission and an hour-long drive each way, but more bearded dragon breeders and dealers would be great.

I agree,It was definitely a little surprised with the lack of beardie items..There was so many snakes I could not believe! We actually ended up going home empty handed as we didn't find anything we needed! Carolina Dragons were very nice people,and gave me some awesome information! It was sad to see some beardie owners using babies with sand,and some selling them so tiny! There was a ton of spider breeders,but there would have been no point in getting a 2 day pass,the building seemed pretty empty to me. Id like to hope to attend the reptile shows at Havre De Grace one day have you been to those?

Erikusan

Never been to the Havre de Grace ones, but I'd imagine they're even smaller than Repticon, since it's a more frequent convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom