red spots on greens??

Status
Not open for further replies.

robson0587

i noticed the past few days that the collard greens i put in the have these tiny red spots on them after they sit in the cage for a few mins. i do dust the greens with flukers vitamins so it could be that?? any opinions??

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you sure that the red spots aren't mites? Have you seen any red spots on your beardie? The vitamins you're using are white, right?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I agree, it sounds like you might have mites in your tanks. I would recommend a thorough cleaning of the tank and everything in it. Also, what substrate do you have?

robson0587

Original Poster
mites??? really?? the vitamin powder is white but i didnt notice anything til i started using that. and i am using slate tile for the flooring

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Well I wonder if they are hiding somewhere and coming out when they smell the salad. I could be wrong, but that's my first guess.

robson0587

Original Poster
thats what i was thinkin too but its only when i put the vitamin dust on the greens. but when i use the cuttle bone for dusting the spots arent there. so my conclusion is that its something in the dust which i just found out should only be apply once or twice a week to food. i researched mites and i think that if i did have them i would see them. but im still going to clean everything just to make sure. thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom