Red in my beardie's stool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I recently got my beardie, Sappho, from a local reptile shop. She's between 2-3 months old. When getting her, they recommended that I use crushed walnut substrate, so I went against my better judgement and used it, which is why it's in this photo, but trust, I'm getting tile in the next few days. After feeding her tonight, I saw that her stool looks really unnormal, and wanted some opinions before deciding whether I should take her to the vet (after more observation). A couple of days ago I fed her some carrot, which is what I thought it might have been, but it looked a bit too red. She's had carrot before, and it never had this effect. Her feeder dubias eat collard greens and other greens, so nothing red there. I was worried it might be bloody stool, but photos that I've seen don't really look like this. She's had a normal activity level, eating properly (she was thin when i got her, so we're trying to get some meat on her bones), going to the bathroom every day or other day, and I haven't noticed any awkward walking like with impaction. The only thing out of the ordinary is that she has stress marks on her belly. I'm going to check for any bumps on her tummy when bathing her tonight, but does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Attachments

• Snapchat-708783000.jpg
    Snapchat-708783000.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 125

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
The carrot may have had something to do with it if the dragons pooping everyday or every other day that's pretty frequent so I don't think impaction is involved

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I wouldn't worry about it too much hopefully the next couple of stools don't look that way

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, that's almost certainly all carrot. To find out if it is carrot, just exclude that from her diet and you'll probably see the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom