Ready to bring her back to PetSmart_ UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you soo much for all the suggestions. Ok so first I measured her she weighs 236 grams and is 16 inches long does that sound healthy?
Yes it is self adhesive and I never heard of that so I will work on that. Maybe she is stressed because its such a big viv?
I can move her back to the 20 gallon long? Maybe I can get a 40 gallon breeder instead? Also I can go back to the repti carpet I was using.

As for the medication I am not currently using it and stopped a little over a week ago so that maybe be it however she was acting the same before it too.

And also the name is just because I am a bagpiper and I used to play Mccallums haha .

I am going to try all these suggestions and the last fecal was pinworms and I guess that was it they didnt tell me what levels.

Sardonyx

Obviously weight etc. is pretty much dependant on genetics and individual beardies. I think your girl is a little underweight, but then she's not been eating, so that it fairly expected. Would you be able to keep a note of her daily weight over the next couple of weeks? It's a good idea to weight them fairly regularly anyway, as it's a really good way of keeping up with their well-being and can often highlight possible problems before they surface in other ways :)

Glad to hear you stopped the medication! It will still take her a while, I imagine, to come round from it.

Personally (and I really do mean this is what I'd do if it were me - happy to stand corrected!), I wouldn't put her in the smaller tank just yet, as a move might just add to the whole problem. But if you can add a few more hides for her, and add the repti-carpet (even if it doesn't cover all the base of the viv), then I would hope this would have the same effect of putting her in a smaller viv, yet without the stress of being moved house again! As I said, some of the other guys may disagree, and they might have had more experience with this type of problem!! :)

Apart from all the help and advice though, I just want to say that you really sound like an amazing keeper - you're so willing to try and help her that it would be a shame to let her go! She's very VERY lucky to have you taking care of her!! Keep strong!! We're all with you on this one :love5:

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well thank you very much I really appreciate it. I put another log in and another little hide too. I will definitely weigh her everyday to see how she is doing. Does the liquid urate mean anything? I know when its yellow they are dehydrated so I have been giving her long warm baths. As I speak she is still in her hide but her eyes are open. I will continue the probiotics but i just cant help think something else is wrong I dont know what.

Monkey

Juvie Member
what you can do for now is to put up a board to make it smaller, that and a few more hides will likely make he rmore comfortable. I have a ton in my young savs cage or they are known to even go aggressive. When my beardie was young same thing for her, and if they feel bad I canimagine they need it. The adhesive might be a part of the issue as well, at least you have a few ideas.

I am truly keeping fingers crossed for you, esp since I am getting a hard feeder home myself.. *lol*

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well thank you very much I really appreciate it. I put another log in and another little hide too. I will definitely weigh her everyday to see how she is doing. Does the liquid urate mean anything? I know when its yellow they are dehydrated so I have been giving her long warm baths. As I speak she is still in her hide but her eyes are open. I will continue the probiotics but i just cant help think something else is wrong I dont know what.

I will also see how to get that linoleum up it might be tough but I will certainly see I might invest in a 40 gal breeder too.

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
also before I forget has any actually had experience with the self adhesive linoleum being toxic to their animal? I want to make sure its a real possibility before taking it out cause I imagine it will be quite a task.

DoubleJ

Juvie Member
Have you been giving her soya yoghurt? it helps to rebalance the good flora in her gut, just as it does for humans. My beardie isnt feeding much at the moment (on and off) and I have just started her on reptaid so we shall see. I use a small syringe (the needless kind) for feeding her sometimes i drop it on her nose and she licks the food off, other times I have to actually get it into her mouth. She is never too impressed, but we are still friends. My lil lass is 16 inches and 255g having not eaten properly for a little while. I have bought babyfood, pureed veg myself, adding vitamins and calcium to them, gone through the local petshops supply of live feeders (to no avail). I am hoping she is just slowing down a little as its winter but I intend to keep feeding her and not let her completely brumate as I dont feel she is heavy enough or stocked up enough on food to make it safe.

What I am trying to say is that we all seem to have some problem or other with our lil critters and it's such a worry. You are doing brilliantly so far and have tried so many things you will find that you are almost there. Every little thing you correct and improve on or try differently is a step closer to getting your beardie to living up to her full potential. If you want to snuggle more but are worried about her getting cold, try using a hot water bottle (with cover obviously) that way you could have her on that snuggled into the crook of your arm ( or somewhere else she feels safe and not too exposed). That way she can stay out longer and have snuggles. You could also try just rubbing a little bit of food onto her snout/lips when you snuggle.

Don't give up now, you seem to really care and are such a fab beardie slave :)

Monkey

Juvie Member
I was trying to find info for you last night, I have seen a couple avoiding it cause they have heard the same, and I see threads where they seem ot have used it with no issues. Maybe find out what kind of tile it was and what adhesive and do a search on that to get a more exact result before you undo all your hard work..

I have to ask, after seeing the beardie I got home last night. Is there a person in your home she don't like? the beardie I took home was not comfortable with the man of the house. Once here, he ate like he has never had an issue in his life.. (he might go off food today) but if he don't.. Then I know for sure.. is there anyone there hat stresses hher out? that makes her hide etc?

kimmie

Sub-Adult Member
It was a royal PITA to get my linoleum up ...but I did so and just feel more confident after having removed it. While there's probably not a lot out there about the possibility of toxic fumes, WHY take a chance? Sure it looks great but the health of my beardie was more important than the looks of her viv. I'll have to look thru all my posts because it was told to me in one of mine about it being a danger.

Get slate tiles - they will help with sanding her nails down as well.

Here's a post that does discuss the adhesive vinyl viewtopic.php?f=34&t=122104&p=970038&hilit=adhesive+linoleum#p970038

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have been giving her acidophilitz hoping that will work for a probiotic I heard it is pretty good stuff. I took your advice and got rid of the linoleum it is certainly not worth the risk you are absolutely right. I have a pic here of my revised viv please tell me how it looks. Also she had a Bowel Movement just now in her bath so I will bring that today to get tested.

2jdj3v7.jpg

The tile doesnt fit perfectly because my viv isnt quite 24 inches wide but I will get it cut when I get a chance. I did my best to make it a little more roomier for her and until i get some more money I put in a couple more little things for her to hide in. I am really anxious about what the vet will find today I hope all goes well. I cant tell you how much I appreciate all your help and concern.

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I took her fecal sample to the vet so I will see tomorrow if there is any parasites left. She didnt eat anything but when I put her in her "new" viv she stayed out which was a nice change.

Monkey

Juvie Member
the tiles do look great and it seems like size might have been part of it. Try to put in some fake greens to cover up in the air a little bit. Beardies are often afraid of birds. If you put up branches and such that she can climb on and hide under she will probably feel even more secure.
Once she is out more the light and the heat will help boost her metabolism and she will likely eat more.

Also you have bone aid and hydrolife which is two tastey medicins that helps boosting them too that I would suggest. THat will refrain her from getting too sick from lack of eating so she don't go further south.

I think you are finally getting somewhere :D

mccallumpiper

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys I cant figure out why she wont ever come to bask or even move herself. I have a pic of her( I know sorry for all the pictures_ of her she looks like she is half asleep.

e12pp3.jpg

Her lights go on at 9 and off at 9. I really cant wait to get the phone call because if it is parasites that will explain her lethargy otherwise I am clueless again. The temps are perfect too.

Monkey

Juvie Member
well it can def be semibrumation, mine is acting like she's a zombie some days..
I am keepign fingers crossed for you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom