Rate my viv

Status
Not open for further replies.

overseer

I got a bearded dragon a couple days ago and set up his cage so tell me what you think.
002.jpg

overseer

Original Poster
For the basking/heat bulb i use a zoo med clamp light but i just leave it on top with a 50 watt bulb. And for uvb i use a fluker clamp light with a 10.0 uvb. To measure temp i use 2 exo terra thermometers and he seems pretty happy basking.

volvotech

Hatchling Member
Looks like a pretty awesome setup. Temp guns are the best for getting a perfect basking temp, and you can get those on Amazon for about $20. Also, there's a lot of controversy surrounding coil-style UVB bulbs, and strips are considered superior.

Otherwise, looks like that setup could appease the pickiest dragon!

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
I'd get a digital probe thermometer, so it can be placed directly on the basking spot. The spot should be around 105 degrees F...no real way to know unless you measure directly on the spot. An IR temp gun would also work great. You can get probe thermometers from any pet store for around $10. Online prices are even cheaper. The above posters comments about the coil UVB bulb are spot on. In the future, I'd look at upgrading to a Reptisun 10.0.

Otherwise, looking good. Nice dragon.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
Where did you get those amazing logs from? I'm looking for one for my guy!
You tank looks great btw! :)

overseer

Original Poster
Fortunate":s02nohg9 said:

Well I got the tank, basking light bukb, and fixture, the big rock, the carpet, the greens and waterbowls and the actual dragon for only 150 at our cities reptile expo. But as for those logs you can go out and get driftwood and clean it off really good with bleach and a scrub and rinse and scrub until you can't smell bleach. Also for my rocks I just got some ftom outside and baked them on 400 for 30 minutes.

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
I am so terrified of parasites...... will bleaching the wood be 100% effective? also are there woods I should avoid when looking for a log?

overseer

Original Poster
Fortunate":27dvnb8j said:
I am so terrified of parasites...... will bleaching the wood be 100% effective? also are there woods I should avoid when looking for a log?
I don't know if a log is what you'd want to look for but if there are lakes t pods around where you live just get some drift wood. Worst case scenario you can buy decor from petsmart or a pet store but I wouldn't buy a stick in my opinion

volvotech

Hatchling Member
overseer":2gcbhas5 said:
Fortunate":2gcbhas5 said:

Well I got the tank, basking light bukb, and fixture, the big rock, the carpet, the greens and waterbowls and the actual dragon for only 150 at our cities reptile expo. But as for those logs you can go out and get driftwood and clean it off really good with bleach and a scrub and rinse and scrub until you can't smell bleach. Also for my rocks I just got some ftom outside and baked them on 400 for 30 minutes.

I just realized that you have a water bowl in your tank. The water is unnecessary and will only increase the cage's humidity (especially considering it's on the hot side). None of my Beardies have water in their tanks, and I would definitely recommend removing your water bowl.

overseer

Original Poster
volvotech":2spsneyw said:
overseer":2spsneyw said:
Fortunate":2spsneyw said:

I just realized that you have a water bowl in your tank. The water is unnecessary and will only increase the cage's humidity (especially considering it's on the hot side). None of my Beardies have water in their tanks, and I would definitely recommend removing your water bowl.

He is trained so he will drink from it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom