R.I.P. Sorin

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
But so many people are expecting different things. My grandma wants me to keep Sorin's viv, but to never use it as she thinks I'll be too busy with work. I know Paul and I could work something out if that's what we really wanted.

I don't really want a breeder as I'm not looking for something specific (I could never afford my dream dragon: a snow or a whiplit) so that really doesn't make me interested/change my mind on a breeder.

I agree with you on Craigslist, Diane. That is my biggest fear. As much as I would love to rescue a beardie from bad conditions, I don't know how bad the conditions are, especially since the ones in my area are pretty bad (should be bigger than they are, in too small a viv, sand everywhere, improper care/lighting, etc. I already lost one baby and I don't want to lose another one.

On that note, a baby from Petco would require a lot of time and work which I know for night now, it would be Paul during the day and me at night with the post office job. I usually get home around 6pm unless the mail load is really heavy. My new job does allow me to buy feeders and I will have to consider what feeder I want to do and how that will play into it because it would be a while before they could enjoy superworms. But Petco does have it's health problems too. Though my Petco is pretty good. And I wouldn't just pick a baby, it would be the one that calls out to me like Zy and Sorin did. Jace was a happy accident - the first one I choose had epileptic seizures so I returned him because I wasn't ready for the responsibility and that's how I ended up picking Jace.

So many pros and cons. So frustrated. Talking to an unbiased friend.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
I think if rescuing a baby is what will make your heart heal faster, you should do it. Losing a pet is hard. I know the baby will never replace Sorin. No animal or person will ever be able to fill that void in your heart. The baby could distract you though. What would Sorin think of it? Would he want you to grieve forever or would he want you to save another beardie's life and give them a better home like you did for him?

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Take your time and follow your heart. You'll make the right decision, and we'll be here to support you every step of the way.

Heyimbrit

Juvie Member
You don't have to choose anything today. Take some time to heal and think it over. What did your friend say?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Not to rush into it. And I don't think I am since it'll be a couple weeks before they even have them in stock and by then I think I'll know what my heart wants to do.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Esther19":3dpg4fef said:
I do, too. And you can do difficult things. You're one of the toughest gals I know.
I so agree with Esther. She makes great points.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If you have the space to store Sorin's tank, then don't sell it.

Instead of dealing with Craigslist, try looking at Petfinder.com. They have a large listing of reptiles, believe it or not.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No rush at all, you have plenty of time to decide. Your heart will tell you what to do, honestly.

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Any idea of the age? Could they share a more close-up picture with you maybe?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
They've had him for two months so I'm guessing about four months old. I'll be visiting Friday to see for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom