R.I.P. Sorin

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I know you're missing him a lot. It does get easier as time goes by. Sending cyber hugs to you.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks.

And I need to sell his viv asap. The reason being that the first week of December, Petco will be getting beardies again and I KNOW me. If I still have the viv and if I see one that reminds me of Sorin, I'm screwed. Especially because I'll have all the stuff I need at home.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would say that if you have the need to get another beardie, go for it. I know, I'm not much help. :roll:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's just, I feel a little guilty. It's only been three days and I'm considering taking on another baby? Plus, how am I going to explain it to my grandparents?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Paul wants another. What would you guys recommend? A craigslist or a pet store baby? Definitely not online with the weather as cold as it is.

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
I'm going to school to be a vet (in the near future) and I can guarantee that vets grieve. I've talked to so many and shadowed at clinics and some just handle it better than others. I know it will be the biggest challenge about being a vet.

I'm also so sorry about your loss of Sorin. keeping you in my thoughts.
and I vote for craigslist baby :D

Esther19

BD.org Addict
There is a breeder named Tom who might be in your area. He's a member here and has a fine reputation. Here's his website.

http://www.tnddragons.com/

He is getting ready for a show, it says, so might not have babies listed though he does have some. I imagine there are other reputable breeders in your area, as well.

No. Don't feel guilty. I know how the hole in your heart needs to be filled.

I just rescued a tiny thing from Petsmart on Labor Day. He has adenovirus, and I carelessly infected my sweet Cissy before I found out.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
suikajusu":3tspz5g4 said:
I'm going to school to be a vet (in the near future) and I can guarantee that vets grieve. I've talked to so many and shadowed at clinics and some just handle it better than others. I know it will be the biggest challenge about being a vet.

I'm also so sorry about your loss of Sorin. keeping you in my thoughts.
and I vote for craigslist baby :D

Thanks, it's definitely been a rough road. And yes, I know my boyfriend wants to rescue a baby. I've never done it some I'm weary of the risks though there is one in town that needs a better living environment. So that's making it tough.

Esther19":3tspz5g4 said:
There is a breeder named Tom who might be in your area. He's a member here and has a fine reputation.

I'll keep that in mind, but I'd rather rescue from a pet store like Sorin was or from Craigslist. Thanks though, Esther.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Tom is awesome and is in Philadelphia. I would be afraid that you would get a sick beardie if you went through Craigslist. If something happened, it would break your heart. :( Babies can be worrisome but it's also neat raising them from a wee little one.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So many decisions. I have no idea what to do. I think I need to get my grandparents on board. But at the same time with all of my post office work, I don't know if I'll have the time. I should really sell the vivs. Ugh.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Follow your heart Liz, do what you feel is right. We will stand behind you & help you no matter what. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom