R.I.P. Sorin

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm about to lose my precious boy, Sorin due to a disease that he cannot shake off and spread. This has been the hardest decision I have ever had to make and hope to never make again. During this difficult time I rediscovered this song by Erutan that has been helping me survive this difficult time and I thought, maybe if it helps me, it can help others who have grieved over the loss of a pet or are still struggling with their emotions like I am. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46xzmt7eRk I really hope this helps someone. If anyone has any other coping tricks that have helped them, please feel free to share. I also plan to make a picture book and am also thinking of getting a blanket with his picture(s) on it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just want to say that I really feel for you and I'm so sorry about your boy....I don't take loss of any pet very well and I usually make sure that I don't spend too much time alone with my grief. I try to limit any other stressful events [ if possible ] at those times and make sure I try to get enough sleep and eat although I actually keep ginger ale + crackers on hand since I usually feel queasy + weak as well, but I avoid junk food. I actually try to block out the reasons the pet has died, too much for me at those weak moments and though I cry + grieve, I tell myself that that pet is not suffering at all any longer and I have to get through + take care of myself. Be in contact with people who care, and let yourself grieve but keep in mind the good things you still have around you, people and animal friends. You really have my sympathy......and you will get through this.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm so sorry to hear Sorin isn't doing well. I know it's very difficult to lose a pet. I found that I needed to get away for a little while and that helped distract me a bit right away. The best thing I found was this site. I wanted to use the knowledge I gained to help others with their dragons. The way I see it is that if I don't share what I've learned, then it was a life wasted. I've also learned so much from the people here that I've been able to help care for a sick dragon personally. Posting on here regularly and trying to help as many dragons as I can has been the biggest help, although it is still difficult for me to hear of distressed/sick dragons. I still miss my buddy every day but staying active on this forum helps. It's a great support group.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank ypu both for your responses and I am to hear about your losses. I agree, AHBD, about being with people. I have been beating myself up over this decision and so many of my friends have helped see me through this. CooperDragon, I totally understand where you are coming from as well. That's makes perfect sense and not only does it help you, but it helps saves beardies as well.

PhotoBug

Juvie Member
So sorry to hear your are struggling. Losing any pet is so difficult as they become family members. DEFINATELY being among friends and talking about it helps. All the best....

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
il_340x270.575882989_oepr.jpg

Hugs.

babyheartthrob

Hatchling Member
Oh Liz I'm sorry about Sorin, I've been thinking of y'all and hoping he was getting better. It's so hard to lose a baby. Having to make that difficult decision to end their pain is the worst. Having done that for Albus earlier this year I know what your going thru. Like AHBD said, be around people who care. Take comfort in the knowledge that Sorin knows that you love him very much and that he'll be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

I love the idea for making a blanket with his photo(s). My coping mechanism is to love on the other scaly kids (and the furry ones too). And to remember the good times with the ones that I've lost.

Hugs,
Sabrina

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks, Sabrina. It seems this year has been difficult in general: a friend lost her father and her beloved cat, I'm losing Sorin today, my boyfriend and his family lost their childhood dog, Deb lost Rubio, and you also had your loss. And I'm sure there are so many more.

I think I'll definitely do the blanket especially since I collect soft and fuzzy blankets.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
I lost my beloved Digger back on March 6, 2011 and I miss him everyday. His picture is my wallpaper on my phone so I get to look at him daily, the pain has lessened but the missing him has not, I guess my coping mechanism is his pic:) I also go and read his memorial that I had posted ages ago, one day when we are more financially set we may get another one, it is just not possible now.

I am sorry to hear that about your precious one..prayers, thoughts and gentle hugs coming your way

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thinking of you Liz. I know how very hard this was. You did what you needed to do so that he could be free from all pain and could be at peace.

rainbowbridge2.jpg

R.I.P. Sorin

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I love reading Rainbow bridge. Thanks everyone for your love and support. I'm going to get Sorin's hammock embroidered with his name and date of birth through now.

I've gone into the cleaning mode as it tires me out and gets my focused on other things. Tomorrow I don't have work or school so I can grieve then.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If it helps keeping busy right now, then that's good.

I like the hammock idea with his name & dob on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom