R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Oh, Diane I know how much the 3 of you are hurting right now...please know you 3 are not crying alone.
Judas has been a big part of this site for many years now...he will never be forgotten.

R.I.P Judas

:cry: :cry: Many tear filled hugs to you and your guys! :cry: :cry:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Judas, he was a one in a million beardie & I know he gave you joy for many years. He'll be missed by all of us, so know that I'm sending you lots of hugs. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Deb & my crew

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so very sorry for your loss. How fortunate Judas was to have had such a long, wonderful life with you.
He is resting peacefully. Hugs and prayers, Esther

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Diane, I was just thinking about something. Judas' death was timed good. It seems to me like he waited until Angeline arrived to leave. I wish he hadn't died but he must have been feeling bad because he's had problems for awhile. If I'm right, he loved you a lot and didn't want to leave you until you had another beardie. No other beardie will ever take Judas' place, I think he knew that. He also knew he needed to stick around until Angie got to her new forever home. :( :cry:

athenacp

Extreme Poster
Oh Diane, I am so so sorry :cry: I have to agree, I believe Judas was waiting for a new beardie for you too...Lots of hugs coming your way...I can't stop crying...RIP Judas :cry:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I just don't have any words, I cannot imagine the hurt from losing him so soon after Misty :( I am so very sorry, Diane, I was hoping the vet would say it was something simple in a day or so ... I think Judas hung on until your new arrival came safely, his way of saying "I love you too"

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Gina, thank you for posting that very touching poem. It made me cry but also made me think about all those precious words.

It's hard for me to tell you all how much we appreciate all the kind and comforting words. We can't believe we lost him and only after 3 wks of Misty's passing. We saw it coming but it was still a shock. For many years, he thought he was a teenage beardie, so extremely active, ravenous appetite, enjoying doing his "Judas strut" with his head held high. He didn't brumate at all this winter and now we realize that was his last "hoorah" and he gave us a lot of laughs during the cold weather.

We had seen him declining over the past weeks but he would get quite active again but would then tire himself out. He knew he was getting old and we guess that he just couldn't continue on the way he always had.

We were hoping that Angeline's arrival would help give him a spark again. While I was upstairs yesterday afternoon, Josh carried Judas down and he had his eyes open, he said he carried him in by her and almost immediately, Judas went limp in his hands. He did arouse some after that but passed last night. Josh held him for a long time while stroking his back and talking to him. We know that Judas was waiting for there to be another beardie in this house for us to care for before he went to Rainbow Bridge, that was so special of him to hold on until she arrived.

Paul and I shed some more tears together again this morning. I'm letting Josh sleep in as I know he didn't get much sleep last night. He asked me if it would be ok to turn the CHE on for Judas last night as he didn't want him to get to cold with the AC running so of course I told him that was fine. After Paul gets home, we will bury him in a special spot near Josh's room and we have some flowers to put on his grave.

Every one of them passed away on a Tuesday when I was home, guess that should be comforting for me.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, it was. Miss O died at the vet while I was at work. Redrock died when I was at work. Only Miss Y died while we both were at home (on the weekend)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Lori, I guess it's better to be there when they pass, it's hard to say.

We buried Judas tonight. It seems very strange not having him with us especially in the evening as when he felt good, he was always so entertaining. He would love to try to rearrange things like the butter dish, sugar bowl, etc on the table because if Judas didn't want them there, they shouldn't be there lol. That's just the way he was, a tough guy but so very loving. We will always miss him.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my gosh Diane I'm so sorry for your loss of Judas. I'm so sorry you have to lose your oldest baby so soon after the last. But there is one thing that made me really happy, and that was that you guys got to have 10 amazing years with Judas, and that's great. He lived a really good life, and I'm so glad for that. Judas is probably sitting at the Rainbow Bridge, missing you like crazy, but he's happy and full of youth and energy again :) You guys will be reunited one day, just remember that whenever you start to miss him.

I think that it's so sweet that Judas waited to go until Angeline arrived. He knew that leaving would be heartbreaking for you, so he made sure you had a beardie to love and care for when he left. That makes me so happy too. Again, I'm so sorry. But at least Judas is happy and healthy and having fun now. And that's the important part.

RIP Judas, forever in our hearts.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Diane, I am so terribly sorry to hear that Judas has joined Misty and the rest of your crew at the rainbow bridge...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks PumpkinJelly for your kind words and you're right, he is at Rainbow Bridge looking once again like the "macho Judas" that we loved so much. He did indeed live a good long life and actually, that is quite surprising considering the fact that we were doing so much wrong during his first 2 years here until I found this forum when little Gizmo was experiencing spasms and twitching from no UVB light. If it wasn't for this forum, none of them would have survived as long as they did.

I still am amazed at how different and unique all their personalities were. We have very special memories of each and every one of them. Doesn't seem possible that our whole clan of 5 beardies are back together once again, no longer on earth with us but at least we know they are healthy, happy and free of all pain and discomfort.

We all admitted last night that we felt some relief after Judas was buried and put in his final resting spot.

Thank you Sara for your sympathy. We are doing ok.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Very well said Diane! He is healthy,happy,and active with his siblings at Rainbow Bridge (((((hugs))))))
I have been trying to post a nice pic for Judas here for the past 2 days but the images aren't loading on PB. I think it's my laptop.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks for trying Michele. I know I already have lots of pictures downloaded on PB so I'll go through and post one of beautiful Misty and handsome Judas as well as the others. May be a little difficult but I need to do this for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom