R.I.P. JUDAS :( :( R.I.P MISTY :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my new girl, she is one of Barbara's babies from the first clutch and was born on 7/17. Her proud parents are Ms. Tiggs & PVT Blaze. As we know, all Barb's beardies are spoiled.
She had a long trip from CA yesterday, all the way to NY. She arrived 12:30 today. She is gorgeous, has orange colored eyes and is a real sweetie.
IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

I had a problem with Photobucket, promise to put up more pics later. She had a bath, ate a few greens & a little squash as well as 2 crickets. She has been cuddled quite a bit already. And, as Barbara knows, she loves to run up your hand & arm when you try to put her back in. :D
Her stress marks are gone right now, she laid on my lap and snuggled into my hand. :shock:

Elijahsmom

Hatchling Member
Congrats on your year with Misty Diane!! I just realized the other day that on Halloween it had been a year since Elijah arrive into my home and heart. It's amazing how fast the time goes. I'm glad your babies are still up for the most part. Elijah is the same too, he is awake most of the time and has an appetite but we also had a weird warm spell right when he seemed to be getting serious about brumating so that seemed to have woken him back up. It's cold again now but like you said Winter isn't really here yet. Gonna enjoy those babies being up while they are! :)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Diane!
I know the Holidays are a busy time of year for us mom's. An you have also been keeping tabs on Vicky and keeping us updated.
I've been busy too, but I wanted to pop in just incase I can't make it back before Thursday to say....

HaveAHappyThanksgiving.gif

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Thanks Barbara, Lori, Dawn and Katrina.
from-our-family-happy-thanksgiving.gif

Not much new in this beardie household although Misty has really cut herself back on feeders and wouldn't eat any at all today. She did eat a few greens though. She has lost a few grams which really is the best but I still worry when she isn't interested in the assortment of feeders I offer her. She is very active, glass dancing, running around, I just hope she isn't gravid though. :roll: The rest of the beardies are doing well, Gizmo has days when he doesn't eat and is more tired, but then has days when he eats a lot & is quite active, Judas is active most of the time but once in a while he has a lazy day, Sabrina isn't showing any signs of brumation at all, still not able to get around though but has improved in the strength in her back legs but isn't using them to walk yet but am hopeful. That's about it.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU & YOURS DIANE, glad to hear everyone is doing well. When Sweetie had trouble with her back legs (she had MBD in her back legs as a baby) I started giving her baths in the kitchen sink. It's big enough to give her some space & she took to trying to jump out. Just that small exercise, along with liquid calcium, helped her build up her back legs again. Maybe that would help Sabrina.

HUGS
Deb

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Happy Belated Birthday Misty!
Oh diane i hope you do not have an egg layer on your hands....but it sounds like it!
:)
Malibu turns 4 years old this month!My how time flys.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":3bjx0be0 said:
When Sweetie had trouble with her back legs (she had MBD in her back legs as a baby) I started giving her baths in the kitchen sink. It's big enough to give her some space & she took to trying to jump out. Just that small exercise, along with liquid calcium, helped her build up her back legs again. Maybe that would help Sabrina.

HUGS
Deb
Hi Deb. I always give them baths in the kitchen sink, makes it easier for me and they enjoy it. :p I really wish that Sabrina would be able to jump out, would love to see that again. I have been doing leg exercises on her and also using liquid calcium. Her muscle tone has gotten better in her back legs but they really aren't strong enough for her to be able to support herself by using them. :(

Katrina, we're all keeping pretty busy. Misty is full of it, glass dancing like crazy and running around. She isn't eating many feeders but is eating almost all her greens daily after she scatters them around her tank. :roll: I'm still watching for signs of her being gravid. Judas is still full of it, so hard to believe that he is over 8 yrs old, he runs around and struts like crazy. The other day he black bearded and head bobbed at Misty and I had all I could do to hang onto her, she was lunging right toward him to check him out. :shock: Gizmo is active and eating well some days, other days he goes to sleep in the afternoon. Sabrina isn't showing any signs of brumating, still eating her baby food happily but not able to get around much.
I'll go check out your announcement. Not another baby?????

Sara, we haven't had any snow yet thank goodness. The heavy snow was in Buffalo & Rochester so we've lucked out so far.

Cindy, I can't believe that Malibu is gonna be 4 yrs old. Where did the time go? Is she in full brumation now or semi-brumating?

fez09

Extreme Poster
diamc":2ogdsnp3 said:
Katrina, we're all keeping pretty busy. Misty is full of it, glass dancing like crazy and running around. She isn't eating many feeders but is eating almost all her greens daily after she scatters them around her tank. :roll: I'm still watching for signs of her being gravid. Judas is still full of it, so hard to believe that he is over 8 yrs old, he runs around and struts like crazy. The other day he black bearded and head bobbed at Misty and I had all I could do to hang onto her, she was lunging right toward him to check him out. :shock: Gizmo is active and eating well some days, other days he goes to sleep in the afternoon. Sabrina isn't showing any signs of brumating, still eating her baby food happily but not able to get around much.
I'll go check out your announcement. Not another baby?????
Tee-hee! :lol: Another baby!
Glad to hear that everyone is up and doing well! My big girls are sleeping so I have a feeling that when they wake up it's gonna get crazy around here! :shock: I always have egg worries in the back of my mind too.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
Ok, some long overdue pictures. :oops: Misty is doing very well. She is now almost 17 months old. She isn't interested in eating any feeders right now but eats a lot of greens, usually after scattering them around her tank. She was almost up to 700 grams but today she weighed 625 grams. She's very active, running around, glass dancing and only stops being active when she starts to get cool, then she warms up for a while and starts all over again. :lol:

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_2018-1.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2265.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

She loves to run over, jump on my pocketbook and sprawl out across it. Here's a couple of poses that I had to take. :lol: The gold ring isn't over her nose, she just had it pushed up against her face.
IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Oh thanks so much Diane for the new pic's of Misty. She's such a beautiful girl an I love the orange beard and candy corn spikes. :) The pic's of her sprawled out on your purse are so cute.

How's the rest of you gang doing? An yourself?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Diane, tried to send at the same time as Barbara. Misty is such a cutie, I especially liked the last pic, what a face! She really made me laugh, so I bet she makes you laugh all the time.

Glad to hear that everyone's up for you to slave over! Only Rubio is still in deep brumation, it's hard to get him up once in awhile to give him water. Didi and Leo are still up on weekends and sometimes during the week, depending on if they ate or not. Lonzo's like your eldest, all over the place, blackbeards & bobs everything & everyone, he'll be 8 yrs old in April. Sweetie is up every day, she likes to watch cartoons, so I get to watch them with her. They all seem to like cartoons, I think it's the kid voices. When we lives by the courtyard, they all loved being on the balcony after school, all 5 of them would stand still and listen to the kid voices. So the TV now keeps them occupied. Who would have thought. They like the "Dog Whisperer", too, I think they just like watching the dogs.

Thanks for sharing those pics, Misty has such great colouring. I'm sorry Sabrina is still having trouble with her back legs. The water therapy will help get her muscles stronger, so maybe that might work. As long as she isn't in any pain, that's what matters.

Take care, hugs to you all, do you have time off over the holidays?
Deb & my zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom