Question about bathing***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rankins":2tcf90o6 said:
Yes, it is unnecessary even if you dragon likes to drink the water. If your providing veggies then they should stay hydrated. But babies benefit from being spritzed, they dehydrate quicker.

Well when you have a baby dragon that's not eating veggies yet it is necessary ;)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Not if it's recieving hydration through spritzing.
I have hatched out many thousands of baby dragons and never gave any of them baths. They got spritzed twice a day.

Rankins":3j06la6g said:
Not if it's recieving hydration through spritzing.
I have hatched out many thousands of baby dragons and never gave any of them baths. They got spritzed twice a day.

After the first bath I gave mine, her color came out like it never had before and has remained that way.. she was very grey/dull before. Which I give each one of mine a bath only because each one seems to enjoy it.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Magic :)
If it's working for you and the dragon isn't aspirating on bath water then feel free to give the baths. But please note they are not necessary :)

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
This topic came up a few days ago with a friend. I have built her two incubators and am going to build her a Colman cooler roach bin. I taught her how to hatch dragon eggs and she has hatched out several clutches. She insists dragons need a daily bath. I'm unsure of where she got that info...irregardless of what I tell her she still does it. She usually trusts everything I say because she knows I have had reptiles for 40+ years. But for some reason she doesn't trust my bath info :)
But like I said, if you like giving the dragon baths and it's not aspirating then it's totally your choice on giving them :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Jacob1289":9uf09xl9 said:
Rankins":9uf09xl9 said:
Yes, it is unnecessary even if you dragon likes to drink the water. If your providing veggies then they should stay hydrated. But babies benefit from being spritzed, they dehydrate quicker.

Mine hates veggies. Today I made him a salad with papaya and he didn't even touch it, maybe ate a piece. The past few days he's been not touching his salad. But eats 40 crickets a day

Gutload the crickets or roaches with good quality greens and carrot in the mix, the greens and carrot provide water , and good greens are rich in calcium. This way the bugs will have a higher calcium content and be wetter (in their guts) and baby will get sufficient hydration from the gutloaded bugs alone (of cause dripping water on it's snout wont hurt either).
And worms like BSF maggots and silkworms are very moist too as well a very nutritious too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom