Pooping in the bath only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's normal for them to not want to poop in their enclosure. The baths stimulate pooping. If he isn't acting stressed out about the baths, it's OK to continue doing that. Once he's on a regular schedule you may be able to just put him in an easy to clean area like on linoleum floor and keep him there until he goes. They respond well to routine and it's good for both of you if he doesn't poop in the enclosure. Unless he acts stressed out then the regular baths are OK too though.

amaridawkins

Original Poster
Thanks for the speedy reply! He doesn't seem stressed out at baths so i will continue doing what I am at the moment. Going back to my last subject about him being darker than usual, well he's finally became a lot brighter and he's much easier to handle now, like he was before. Also, he did have a big shed. Thanks again

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Warm water stimulates bowel movements in reptiles. I had a big female iguana that I would put in an unused bathtub in my home every morning. I would wait until the animal defecated and try to scoop it out with a tin can. If I was quick it didn't make a mess in the water. Daily morning baths kept me from having to to spend time cleaning out her enclosure. The tub is much easier to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom