Poop variation (pics)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber is back to eating and basking again I'm just hoping this isn't something I should worry about.

Attachments

• IMG_20230528_095212.jpg
    IMG_20230528_095212.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 77

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
What are you feeding her? Good urate but the poop looks odd-- how many poops has she had like this?
This is her first poop like this and I have been feeding my beardies greens and crickets. I give bugs around 1-2 times a week the rest is all greens I chose bugs 1-2 times a week due to them being a tad chubby.

Amber generally will be fine 1-2 times a week for crickets but I fed her more times than that post-laying eggs.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is her first poop like this and I have been feeding my beardies greens and crickets. I give bugs around 1-2 times a week the rest is all greens I chose bugs 1-2 times a week due to them being a tad chubby.

Amber I generally will be fine 1-2 times a week for crickets but I fed her more times than that post laying
So see if it does it again- I would think about switching he over to dubia roaches or start adding them in w/ some silk worms - crickets are a dirty feeder and dubias are more nutritional anyway -- have you had a fecal done for parasites?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So see if it does it again- I would think about switching he over to dubia roaches or start adding them in w/ some silk worms - crickets are a dirty feeder and dubias are more nutritional anyway -- have you had a fecal done for parasites?
I'm waiting for the warmer weather so I can get dubias butterworms silkworms hornworms and BSFL.

I did have it checked (parasites) I wanna say last month before she laid her clutch but I will do it again in the next week or so

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I'm waiting for the warmer weather so I can get dubias butterworms silkworms hornworms and BSFL.

I did have it checked (parasites) I wanna say last month before she laid her clutch but I will do it again in the next week or so
Is there a issue w/ getting all those feeders above w/ the weather?

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Is there a issue w/ getting all those feeders above w/ the weather?
There is no live guarantee if it's cold out while shipping/delivering them sometimes they tell you they can't ship them due to the weather.

These next 2 pics are what she pooped just a couple mins ago there is excess water due to her (Amber) eating so much greens. I'll be able to get a stool sample on Wednesday for both of my beardies thankfully she (Amber) hasn't had parasites since I first got her (4 yrs?)

Attachments

• IMG_20230528_104815.jpg
    IMG_20230528_104815.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20230528_105826.jpg
    IMG_20230528_105826.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 53

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
There is no live guarantee if it's cold out while shipping/delivering them sometimes they tell you they can't ship them due to the weather.

These next 2 pics are what she pooped just a couple mins ago there is excess water due to her (Amber) eating so much greens. I'll be able to get a stool sample on Wednesday for both of my beardies thankfully she (Amber) hasn't had parasites since I first got her (4 yrs?)
Ok that looks better than the first post - there is some formation going --- I would get a fecal done just to be on the safe side -- usually they want fecals done every 6 months -- add some shredded raw sweet potato that will firm up the poop

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok that looks better than the first post - there is some formation going --- I would get a fecal done just to be on the safe side -- usually they want fecals done every 6 months -- add some shredded raw sweet potato that will firm up the poop
Definitely! The only time I don't do fecal samples is if they are not active during brumation I'm lucky if they poop once a month or so or eat bugs/greens during that time

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Dubiaroaches shipped to me when I had highs in the 20s over the winter here in CT. One time the post office held for pickup. Not sure if there was a guarantee but I had no issues.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Tell the post office to hold insects in the winter - my post office calls me when they come in for winter time -

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom