Feeding schedule post brumation (early spring)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber seems content on coming out the last 4-5 days not completely there yet (11am is when she comes out) she is willingly eating 1-3 times a day in small quantities.

She hasn't poop in about 4-5 months obviously she brumated so no food to actually poop out but I'm concerned I may be feeding her too much.

She isn't happy about greens she wants protein and protein only should I continue to feed her everyday multiple times a day? Or should I scale back? In the summer she likes her greens but I worry if I feed her too much now when she is semi-out of brumation she won't want greens the summer

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys my Amber seems content on coming out the last 4-5 days not completely there yet (11am is when she comes out) she is willingly eating 1-3 times a day in small quantities.

She hasn't poop in about 4-5 months obviously she brumated so no food to actually poop out but I'm concerned I may be feeding her too much.

She isn't happy about greens she wants protein and protein only should I continue to feed her everyday multiple times a day? Or should I scale back? In the summer she likes her greens but I worry if I feed her too much now when she is semi-out of brumation she won't want greens the summer
She doesnt need all that protein -- feed her salads too -- if shes hungry she will eat them and she will eventually poop so give her time

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She doesnt need all that protein -- feed her salads too -- if shes hungry she will eat them and she will eventually poop so give her time
She looks like she grabbed and ate her greens at some point and I just tried to feed her crickets and she ate 2 and didn't want any more.

She I'm not to worried about in the summer I top her salad with butternut squash and she loves it but her appetite seems spotty since she isn't completely out of brumation.

Guess I gotta be the bad guy and give her some tough love 😆

Note: she is the one who had almost 120+ eggs last summer

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom