Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
This is why I am constantly reminding Gianna that she's still a baby and can't do all of the things that everyone else does.

Between 5 and 5:45pm today, Gianna had suddenly started to pounce on the window glass and climbing the couch from one side to the other, driving her daddy (and me) nuts. She was acting just like how MoMo acted when she needed to go outside to lay eggs. Well, seeing that she wasn't letting up, I decided to take her outside. I plopped her on the front lawn, just past the front walk. She sat there looking around for a few minutes, then started making her way towards the driveway. The more she made her way down the driveway, the more "on alert" she seemed, so much so that she darted under the car. Luckily I was able to grab her and pull her out. As I stood next to her, watching her and listening to anything that may be flying/walking by, she suddenly whipped around and made a bee-line back towards the house. She ran so fast that I couldn't even catch her as she ran past me. I'm so thankful that she decided to run to the right towards the corner of the house instead of left towards the woods. She hid behind a cinder block that had long been forgotten there, and had that terrified look in her eyes. I reached for her but she retreated more to the point where I had to remove the cinder block to get to her. I immediately picked her up and held her close to my chest. She was so scared that she was literally stiff (I now understand the saying "scared stiff"). Even after being in the house she was still not loosening up; as a matter of fact, she shifted to where her head was against my neck and under my hair (where she used to go whenever she was stressed as a baby). After nearly 1.5 hours, I had to put her back into her house because Zim needed to go potty. When we came back upstairs, Gianna was still uneasy and clinging tight onto her tree branch. She finally jumped down and just sat on the floor, staring at me while I was playing bone with Zim. Seeing how scared she still looked, I finally picked her up shortly before 8:45pm and held her tight against me. After sitting with me for about 10 minutes, she finally settled down and started to fall asleep, and she'd been sleeping ever since, in my lap.

My poor baby Gianna :( Hope this little excursion convinced her that she's not ready for big girl activities outside.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I wasn't so much scared as concerned, seeing how fast she had squeezed herself between the cinder block and the house. I didn't want her to get scratched up.

Yeah, I sure hope Gianna had learned her lesson and won't want to roam free outside like MoMo does. I still have no idea why she was so insistent on going outside.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Isn't it amazing how fast they can run when they're scared? It sure is a good thing she didn't head toward the woods or she might have disappeared very quickly.Gee, wonder what scared her so much, do you think she might have seen a large bird or heard one? Must have surprised you when she was so stiff like that.

I'm sure the mommy cuddles helped her out quite a bit. :love5:

The pictures of your girls are so adorable. Digi is such a good big sister. So cute the way MoMo was so content cuddling up to Gianna too.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I had checked the sky seconds before she took off, and I didn't see a thing. I don't know what scared her so much, but whatever it was, I hope it convinced her that the great outdoors isn't so great when not near the safety of mom.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Well, I should've known to not be surprised that this was going to happen.

When I got home from work yesterday, and walked upstairs to the living room, I saw tons of shredded cardboard on the floor by Zim's bed, then a turned over box half covered by one of his blankets. After removing the blanket, I saw a very opened box of biscuits:

2014_09-08.jpg

He ate more than half of the box! He was so full that he never ate dinner last night. Of course, out of habit, I kept telling him to eat dinner, but all he did was ignore me.

I do have to say that he did a very good job at opening the box, considering they used enough glue to hold it together that it would require a knife to pry it open.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I posted on FB but had to comment here too. He is really very clever & then to think to cover up the evidence is just too funny. Wonder if he'll eat his dinner tomorrow?

Hope he didn't consume some of the cardboard box too.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Yes, he ate a little bit of lunch and normal dinner tonight, and of course he usual before dinner treats.
Unlike Hallie (and Moose, my late Rottie), he had never eaten cardboard. Instead, he'll shred and spit it out all over the place.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh Zim, what a brat you can be & to eat all those biscuits. And I agree, Gina, he sure did a great job opening that box & without eating any of the cardboard either. He is a smart boy :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I completely forgot to tell you guys what happened to me a few days ago.

As I do every night when I let Zim outside for potty, I looked for the calico cat over by the shed and sure enough, she was there (she hadn't been here for the better part of last week). So, I hurriedly ran back into the house and opened a can of cat food (yes, I went out and bought wet food because the last few times I gave her the dry kibbles, she sniffed it and walked away). I scooped out about half the contents into a styrofoam bowl then went back outside. As I'd always done, I slowly walked up to her and stopped at about 8-10 feet, squatted down and offered the bowl to her. But this time I decided to push my luck and see if I could get closer to her, so I stood up and walked a few more feet towards her, then stopped and squatted down again. I showed her the bowl and told her that it was yummy food, and meowed to her (not saying that I knew what I was meowing about). Surprisingly, she didn't move a muscle and stayed lying down. So, of course I decided to push my luck even more and walked even closer, up to 3 feet! I again meowed to her but she never once meowed back :( I showed her the bowl of yummy food again and told her to come out to eat, but she was preoccupied with rustling noises coming from behind the shed. After asking her twice, I gave up and set the bowl down in front of her and walked back to the house. As soon as I was up on the deck (and so was Zim), she stood up and walked up to the bowl, sniffed it, and started to eat. She remained out in the open even though both Zim and I were standing on the deck watching her! Shortly afterwards, we went into the house and from the kitchen window, I watched her contently eating away. About a half hour or so later, I went back outside to check on how much she'd eaten, and saw that she ate about half of what I'd given her, which equated to a quarter of a can (the big can). What a good girl!

So what was the point of this post? To tell you that even the free-loading residents are picky eaters and have me wrapped around their little toes :roll:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
To tell you that even the free-loading residents are picky eaters and have me wrapped around their little toes :roll:
Tell us something we didn't know Gina. :lol: You are such a soft touch regardless of what type of critter it is. That was nice of you to pick her up some catfood to give to her. Maybe very soon, you will be able to pet her.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad the calico cat is starting to get used to you. As Diane said, you might get to pet her one day. And yes, you are a softy, but such a nice softy! Your critters, domestic and wild, all love you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom