Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hmmmm, could this had been a rare kawinkydink or totally on purpose???
Of the almost 5 months that MoMo had been here, she had only not pooped on her stuffies a handful of times. She made it a daily ritual of squating over the edge of her monkey (either side) and do the deed. Majority of the times the poop would end up on a part of the monkey. Well, yesterday she made it a point of pooping IN her food bowl! She had never even come close to pooping near her bowl before! NEVER! The last 2 poops were on 2 inches past her birthday puppy's foot and somehow covered up by the hand towel (still not sure how she did that, given the towel didn't have any signs of poop on it).

So, I ask you this: Does MoMo like her birthday puppy so much that she doesn't want to dirty it????

ETA: OK, I just received confirmation that MoMo IS purposely avoiding pooping on her new puppy stuffy. She had been chillin' on the puppy for the better of an hour, totally motionless. Suddenly, she jumped off, ran over to the other side of her house, assumed the position, and pooped. Then, after she cleanly wiped her butt on the papertowel, she climbed back up on the puppy.
What a smart girl!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Boy MoMo really loves her new puppy to make sure no poopies end up on him. Good girl, MoMo. And people say that beardies aren't intelligent. Ask any slave & you'll know how smart they really are. :mrgreen:

5 months already, that's sure flown by. Any eggies yet? How's Digi doing with her cast? And how's Pookie & Zim & Buddy?
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1ovgiloq said:
Boy MoMo really loves her new puppy to make sure no poopies end up on him. Good girl, MoMo. And people say that beardies aren't intelligent. Ask any slave & you'll know how smart they really are. :mrgreen:

5 months already, that's sure flown by. Any eggies yet? How's Digi doing with her cast? And how's Pookie & Zim & Buddy?
I know! She's alot smarter than I gave her credit for, for sure.
Digi had been driving me crazy! She won't sit still! When she's in her house, she wants out; when she's out, she wants back in. When she's on top of the couch, she wants to get down; when she's on the floor, she wants back up on top of the couch. The only time she'd sit still is when she's sleeping.
tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif

Oh, speaking of sleeping, I woke up this morning with a very strange prickly feeling on my throat and heaviness on my chest. Guess what it was? DIGI! Some time in the morning hours she crawled out of her blankie and up on me, without me ever knowing it (which is incredibly odd and rare, given I can feel a hair out of place in my sleep). I have no idea how long she'd been snuggled on my throat or why. The few times she'd done that in the past were if I wasn't emotionally stable, basically if something was bothering me. But other than worrying about her not laying eggs, I thought I was fine.

Buddy cracks me up. Yesterday I sort of 'bothered' him by wiggling his tail to be sure that he's still alive (he hadn't moved in 4 days). Well, when I walked into the living room this morning, he had climbed out of his turtle burrito and crammed himself in the couch -- just so he wouldn't be bothered anymore :roll: BRAT!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sounds like the mad dashes before egg laying, that's what Sweetie would do. When she starts leaving little "packages" around, that's when she'll be getting ready to lay. At least that was always Sweetie's routine. So I think she's just finding it difficult to stay still. Could her leg be itching? It's definitely a waiting game when it comes to eggies :D

Buddy doesn't like his tail pulled? i would have done the same thing after 4 days! So he crammed himself into the couch, doesn't that leave his butt hanging out. So you can still waggle his tail anyway, silly Buddy :mrgreen:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2auggk8g said:
Sounds like the mad dashes before egg laying, that's what Sweetie would do. When she starts leaving little "packages" around, that's when she'll be getting ready to lay. At least that was always Sweetie's routine. So I think she's just finding it difficult to stay still. Could her leg be itching? It's definitely a waiting game when it comes to eggies :D
The last two clutches were started/finished in 24 hours, none of this lay-one-than-drive-everyone-crazy-for-a-week bit.
I also can't get her to eat anything. She'd been outright refusing her favorites: horns and freshly shed supers. She had lost so much weight that I'm seriously considering being a mean mommy and force feed her :(

sweetiepie9":2auggk8g said:
Buddy doesn't like his tail pulled? i would have done the same thing after 4 days! So he crammed himself into the couch, doesn't that leave his butt hanging out. So you can still waggle his tail anyway, silly Buddy :mrgreen:
Yup, yup, and yup! He's such a goofball :laughing6:

I went to bed last night with Digi snuggled under one end of the pillow, and woke up to see a very closeup of a very awake baby. For the next half hour, she slowly moved closer and closer to me to the point where her body was smushed against my cheek and left pretty spike impressions :wink:
Is it possible that she's more worried about me worrying about her???

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Yes, Gina. When Miss O started getting sick, that we noticed anyway, she noticed that her dad was upset and worried and wondered how to comfort him.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Gina, I'd be worried about Digi, too, but if she's getting ready to lay her eggs she won't eat anything. She'd want her digestive system to be empty. I know what you mean about losing weight. Sweetie went throught the same thing last December & lost alot of weight. I used Carnivore Care (a bit more protein than Critical Care) & fed her that every am in her bath. It really helped & her appetite for worms came back. Forcefeeding may be necessary, especially after her (hopefully) last clutch for the season.

Good luck, hugs to Digi for reassurring Mommy, wasn't she a good girl!
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Anyone know a fool-proof way of cleaning ~10 ml of liquid calcium out from the insides of a laptop keyboard? I really don't want to take it apart, but if I have to, then I guess I'll have to :(
This is what I get for placing the bottle on the laptop and believing that Digi won't knock it over while trying to run away from me. :banghead:

ETA: I ended up wasting over 3.5 hours plucking half of the keys off, soaking them in warm soapy water, wiped down the insides at least 4 times, then put everything back. Unfortunately, in the frantic process of removing the keys, I ended up breaking a few of the microscopic tabs the held them down. :banghead: So now the "t", "g", and "h" keys would take a flying leap when I hit it, which of course I'd actually hit it very hard because they're still all sticking :banghead:

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Funny how they know when somethings up....the night before my surgery 3 years ago malibu ran up to my neck and pressed her head as hard as she could into my neck...right where the tumor was..then she tried to dig.Wierd.\
When Malibus getting low on wieght i dust waxes w/ vitamin....she seems to gain the weight back pretty quick.Shes eating like a horse...grazing in the clover and dandylion in the back yard.
Its sound like eggs are heading your way.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
As it turns out, Digi wasn't laying the eggs because she couldn't fit into her cave :roll: This morning I replaced the cave with a large critter igloo. She'd been in/out of it for the better of the afternoon. I hope to god that she'll start laying them tonight, then start eating again tomorrow.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Still no eggs :banghead: I just don't know what else to do. I begged and begged, but she just won't lay them.

I know she's ready, because she just "mothered" MoMo. What I mean by that is Digi shielded MoMo from Pookie (who decided to walk over from the other window) by covering her entire body over MoMo's, and kept doing so even after MoMo tried to move away from Digi's grasp. It wasn't until MoMo climbed up on top of the panda's head that Digi stopped chasing after her.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Awww, her mommy hormones have come out. Hope MoMo wasn't too annoyed with the protection. :mrgreen: Too funny, so it can't be too many more days before she starts laying her eggs. Hope it starts soon!
Sweetie says "Hi Digi, just start when you're next in your hide. I think I'll try that next time! Or maybe the bath like you were doing. Both good ideas! So lay them soon, ok!"
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
If I had known that shedding a few tears and saying "I don't want you to die" would do the trick, I would've done so weeks ago! :banghead:
After waking up my babycakes this morning, I tried to get her to eat some freshly shed supers, but as always, she licked one but showed no interest in eating it. Just like any other day, I placed a full bowl of greens in her house with the hopes that she'll eat at least a few bites before I left for work. Nope. So, in desperation, I said "Babycakes, please eat some yum-yums and lay the eggies for mommy. You are wasting away. I don't want you to die. I don't want you to die!", and of course started to bawl. Then I ran out the door, because I felt like a doof for crying in front of my babies.

When I got in the office, I called the vet's office to speak to Dr. Curro, to get his advice as to what I can do for Digi. He recommended a B complex shot to boost her appetite, check to see if she could be egg bound, and possibly remove the cast to make her more comfortable (possible reason for her NOT laying the eggs). WELL, when I went to pick her up for her doctor's appointment, I found her comfortably hiding deep in the igloo and noticed that half of the greens were gone :roll: So, not only did she decided to eat, but she also decided to lay 21 eggs (plus 2 more on the drive to the vet's office, 1 just before the vet walked into the exam room, 1 while we waited to be checked out, 4 on the ride home, and 3 in her spa [did you do the math?])! :shock: Can't help but wonder if she understood my little shameful exhibition this morning.
All in all, she's now cast, and hopefully egg, free. I sure hope the B complex shot will do wonders for her, because she has alot of weight to gain back :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom