Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Goonie":f9a05 said:
"Is this my real mommy?!"
babyturtle268.jpg

This is quite possibly the cutest picture I've ever seen. Look at his happy little face! :love5:

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Loving the pics of Pookie with his teddy. He has a look like, "even real men have teddy bears".lol
That is one spoiled dragon!!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
SlabOMeat":1d90e said:
Wow! Is Buddy an alligator snapper? I didn't know you could get those for pets. I'm curious how tame he is...do you need to be careful to stay away from his mouth?
I'd been told that he's a regular snapper, but I think he might be a mix (if that's possible).
Buddy was found as a hatchling in my backyard, sitting in an inch of water in a critter's food bowl. I took him in originally as a temporary foster, but I ended up falling in love with the little guy and couldn't bear the thought of letting him go.
As far as how tame he is, let's just say that I don't believe he knows he's a snapper :laughing6: I think he'd been imprinted by Pookie. Instead of hissing or snapping when frightened or annoyed, he'd tuck his head in and stay very still. He'd only 'almost' snapped at me a couple of times, during the first few months of his soon-to-be-spoiled life.
Ever known someone who could snuggle, bathe, or kiss their snappers? ME! :mrgreen:

gulfbrzdawn":1d90e said:
LOL... Buddy has his own Timmy :lol:
:laughhard:

irwin'smom":1d90e said:
Loving the pics of Pookie with his teddy. He has a look like, "even real men have teddy bears".lol
That is one spoiled dragon!!
Pookie has no problem in showing off his Mr. Bear. He really loves him. Sometimes I get jealous at how Pookie gives Mr. Bear more snuggles than me. I know, I'm pathetic.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
That is a beautiful snapper. What are you going to house him in when he is full grown? Most snappers are 40-50 pounds and if he is indeed mixed with alligator snapper he will be even bigger.
It does look like one of the sweetest snapping turtles ever. If anyone could make a snapping turtle cuddly it would be you. :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Got me :dontknow:. I'll cross that bridge when we get there . . . I guess.

My dream plan is to convert one of the downstairs bedrooms into a Buddy room. The flooring is concrete so it'd be perfect for housing a snapper-sized whatever (tank, pond, tub, pool). Temps would be an issue though, because it tends to be quite cool down there. Or I could always leave things as is -- let him roam free.

irwin'smom

Sub-Adult Member
Goonie":6fa86 said:
Got me :dontknow:. I'll cross that bridge when we get there . . . I guess.

My dream plan is to convert one of the downstairs bedrooms into a Buddy room. The flooring is concrete so it'd be perfect for housing a snapper-sized whatever (tank, pond, tub, pool). Temps would be an issue though, because it tends to be quite cool down there. Or I could always leave things as is -- let him roam free.

I will be interested in seeing what you come up with. As long as you can have a good sized baskig area, I think the cool will be fine as long as its not cold.
The hard part will be a filtered 4x5 pond that drains easy for cleaning.
That is the most beautiful snapper I have ever seen and well worth all the planning and housing requirements.
Great job!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
I do believe Buddy was smiling :laughing6:

And don't worry Gina... he knows who his REAL mommy is :wink:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh i just loves all the pictures you can tell they are very spoiled and very very happy! I cant show this post to Amber she will want one.

I love the stuffed animals so darn cute and you can tell Buddy sure loved his :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
irwin'smom":c23e2 said:
I will be interested in seeing what you come up with. As long as you can have a good sized baskig area, I think the cool will be fine as long as its not cold.
The hard part will be a filtered 4x5 pond that drains easy for cleaning.
That is the most beautiful snapper I have ever seen and well worth all the planning and housing requirements.
Great job!
Me too. I have tons of ideas stored up in my head -- it's getting them turned into actual projects that's difficult.

spurlee01":c23e2 said:
How old is Buddy?
He turned one on 9/5. Hard to believe he used to be only the size of his head.

Freeie":c23e2 said:
I cant show this post to Amber she will want one.
Show away! She'll never be able to find them in pet stores anyway, so you're safe.

Thanks for the comments everybody. Now do you understand how I couldn't let him go? :mrgreen:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
lol Gina, Buddy was MEANT to be your pet. Do you really believe that little guy could have made it in the wild with no necks to snuggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom