Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":1vyzqeu4 said:
I just went back & checked & MoMo laid her last clutch on May 20, that was only 19 days ago! :shock: So she's a bit earlier than her 21 days cycle between the last 2 clutches, well hopefully that's it for her now. Keep up the updates on how she's doing weight wise, as she'll need to chow down the protein & calcium to make up, again, for the eggies. I'm so hoping she's done, it's such a drain on their bodies.
WHAT?! Only 19 days?! OH MY GOD! What's wrong with her?! Why is she doing this to me?! :banghead:

I just don't understand why my babies are always exceptions to the rule. I mean, who ever heard of a girl laying over 30 eggs for their first time?! And in less than 28 days!

MoMo must've slept really well because she was back to her old self this morning. She ate some greens (only a few bites though) and few supers, had a long soak in the tub and drank lots of water. Unfortunately, her weight's below 400 grams again :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I don't why MoMo has her eggs so close together, but hopefully she's done now. She'll get her appetite back & make sure she gets that liquid calcium every day, so very important.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
The strangeness gets stranger.
After his regular big poop, Pookie had been dropping little urates/poops all morning (3 times). Never had he done this before! What in the world is going on? I thought only females did this before laying eggs. Don't tell me Pookie's having "sympathy labor pains" again :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I have no idea why he'd be doing that, does this mean that Digi is actually carrying again. They've always been in sync before, more so since she laid fertile eggs, so just wondering, hope that's not the case, but have no idea why a male would be leaving little poops around, unless that's also something males do to get female attention. Maybe he's just "in the mood" and wants to know if MoMo wants to have fertile eggs, too? Now that would be a first! No wonder they're driving you nuts!
Good luck with all that and know that I"m feeling your pain,
Deb

Even though I miss Sweetie as much as ever, I"m glad I didn't get another female. I don't want to go through what you're going through ever again.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Received word that one egg was lost, leaving us with 19. Hope there won't be more dying on us. :(

Pookie ended up leaving a total of 4 small urates and 3 small poops throughout the day yesterday. He also stayed in his house the entire day, which is totally out of his character, while Digi had free roam all by herself. It was like a role reversal!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
That is the cutest lil' mousie! :love5:
Wow, would someone tell MoMo there is not a dragon egg shortage! :shock:

Sandy H :mrgreen:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
More eggs? 19 Days??? Holy cow!

Gina could Pookie be getting ready to shed around his vent area? Sometimes Checkers has a similar pooping schedule and amount when he's getting ready to shed there.

Hugs and Snuggles!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Do you guys remember when Digi had pooped out a leftover egg last year? Well, MoMo did that yesterday. It was the same size as the others but more plump. And no, it wasn't fertile.

Barb, Pookie IS shedding his butt and thighs, but he had never mini pooped during a shed in that area before, unless I'd forgotten that behavior.

Digi had been driving me nuts since the weekend. She can't sit still! She wants out of her house so bad, and once she's out, she'd go from floor to couch to one window to other window to couch to floor to hall to bedroom, then repeat the same path for as long as I can stand it. And somewhere in between all that she'd drop a few mini poops and urates.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh geez, sounds like Digi is getting ready to lay more eggs. Does Tom have more room? How MoMo and Pookie doing today?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I need to call Tom tonight and find out if he'd have room in a couple of weeks.

MoMo is doing good. Her appetite is back to normal and had been giving me huge poops, but because Digi kept wanting to be out and about, she'd been a little lonely and depressed.
Pookie is being Pookie :wink:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
OoooK... Why does Tom need more room if Digi is about to lay? I'm soooo confoosed? :? I think I missed something. :oops:

Sandy H :mrgreen:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sandy, guess you didn't know that Pookie & Digi bred unexpectantly so Tom already has 19 of their eggs in an incubator. Needless to say, it was a shock to Gina, to say the least.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
diamc":1rymp7eo said:
Sandy, guess you didn't know that Pookie & Digi bred unexpectantly so Tom already has 19 of their eggs in an incubator. Needless to say, it was a shock to Gina, to say the least.
And he has his own crew's eggs incubating at the same time.

I felt about 4-6 lumps in Digi's belly today. They were sitting low, so I think she may be ready to lay either beginning or middle of next week. But I'm hoping that she'll wait til at least Friday night or Saturday morning, so I won't have to rush to get them in a container then drive down to Tom's :roll:
Her constant pacing is driving both me and Pookie nuts. Oh, she also decided that she can now walk down the stairs and go to where Zim's cage sits. I caught her sitting in the middle of the room, looking at Zim inquisitively, and he back at her. There is absolutely nothing interesting down there--an empty entertainment center, a futon, a shelf of games, a couple piles of laundry, and Zim's cage--for her to entertain herself with. It's all very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom