Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that MoMo weighs 493. :p

Can just imagine the look on your face when Buddy opened up that waterfall. :shock: Guess you REALLY made him relaxed. :lol:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
beardie parents":akxy3mvo said:
He said it was like a high pressure hose.
THAT'S IT! It squirted out and then kept coming!
He had only done that to me once before, when he was still an itty bitty baby, but never again no matter what time I held him.

Yeah, I'm really happy that MoMo's weight is back up, but at the same time incredibly worried about Digi's. She is wasting away to nothing because she refuses to eat anything until she lays her eggs. All I can get her to ingest is some baby food, hardly enough for her fast metabolism. :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I know it's a worry, Gina, but there's nothing you can do but stuff her up with good food after she lays & hopefully that won't be long. She needs to get 100g more than she is normally & I know how hard that can be. You should put the questions in breeding or just ask Tom what to do, he has lots of experience with gravid females, maybe he has a concoction he gives his girls after they lay that plumps them up faster, so she can gain that extra weight. At least you're giving her liquid calcium, but check with Tracie, you might be wanting to give her an extra daily dose. I heard about that recently & think that might help alot. I know it's hard to watch her get skinnier, so look into that. When Sweetie was laying for the first time I got a recipe from someone on the Breeding topic that had so many good things in it, I just couldn't get alot of the ingredients from here, plus she wasn't making fertile eggs. So look into that, ok? That might just ease your mind for after she lays.
Take care, hugs to everyone & tell Buddy to cut that out, waterfall :roll: Nothing like soaking Mommy!
Deb

And I think he thinks he's a beardie, too!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Sheesh, you let a girl lay eggs and now she thinks she's queen bee!

Last night, just minutes before lights out, I decided to give the girls' home a thorough cleaning and wash all of their stuffies and furniture. I first removed the alligator, then a penguin, then a puppy, and was going to reach for the tree when MoMo (who had been sitting up front on the floor of her house) opened her mouth super wide, turned her beard completely jet black, and hissed at me. YES, SHE HISSED AT ME! There was no mistaking it because it was so loud. All because I was removing stuff from her house.

I'm still in shock over her hissy behavior. Who would've thought that beardies get hormonal like that! :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well believe it, even though I've never been hissed at, I've been bobbed at & stomped at for removing furniture, so not surprising, they get sooooo attached to their home & you'd better put it all back the way it was, too :mrgreen: or there will be coniptions!

MoMo, it's really not serious, Mommy was just washing all your things to make sure they don't get dusty & dirty, so you can relax, sweetheart!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I had told her what I was going to do before actually doing it, but she still got pissed off.
I'd been trying to remember whether I'd ever removed things from her house while she was still in it. Last night may have been the first time, and since it was night night time, maybe that's why she was so unhappy (to put it mildly).
I'd been bobbed at by Pookie for moving Mr. Bear, so that's nothing new for me.

Right after she hissed at me, I picked her up and apologized, and gave her lots of kisses and hugs. She didn't even want to look at me! I finally gave up and placed her next to Digi on top of the couch, but instead she slinked her way over to underneath the laptop and went to sleep.
When I woke her up this morning, I asked her if she was still mad at me. She still looked a little miffed (had a gray beard), but later on I picked her up and gave her lots of kisses and again apologized for what happened last night. I told her that I would never do anything to purposely upset her. That was when her beard started to get lighter in color and even had orange speckles (her happy colors).

The things I have to do to make my babies happy :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're such a good mommy, being so patient with MoMo when she gets in a snit about something you've done. Such a great slave :notworthy: :love5:

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
oh, how dare you move her stuff with her right there?!? I usually make sure dragon is our for play time when I clean vivs... but a couple weeks ago I cleaned Psycho's viv with her in it (no one to keep an eye on her) ... and she kept guarding the tiles and blankies and branch. Literally. She would sprawl out on what I was trying to get, and I'd try and move her, and she would run right back to guard. She hardly ever gets a dark beard, and she was 1/2 darkened thru it all. I won't be repeating that again, I'll make sure dragons are NOT home LOL

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
:lol: They are soo funny sometimes, aren't they?
blondie098":iuasj57m said:
oh, how dare you move her stuff with her right there?!? I usually make sure dragon is our for play time when I clean vivs... but a couple weeks ago I cleaned Psycho's viv with her in it (no one to keep an eye on her) ... and she kept guarding the tiles and blankies and branch. Literally. She would sprawl out on what I was trying to get, and I'd try and move her, and she would run right back to guard. She hardly ever gets a dark beard, and she was 1/2 darkened thru it all. I won't be repeating that again, I'll make sure dragons are NOT home LOL

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
When I got home from work today, Digi was already inside her cave, pushing away.
I retrieved 12 from the insides of her cave, then 2 more outside while she was repositioning herself, then one more from god knows where (she'd been inside the cave but somehow the egg got out).

I know there's a few more hiding but I just don't have the heart to pull her out. My poor babycakes looks so tired.

Oh, that silly MoMo tried to bulldoze herself into Digi's cave again. Thank god I was here to stop her, even though she didn't understand why she couldn't go inside.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just finding this now Gina, how's Digi doing? I'll be checking up on your thread in the am, hope all went well. Were any of the eggs fertile? Hopefully she's now done so she can recover more. And glad you kept MoMo out of Digi's cave, even though she just wants to be closer to her sister. Hopefully they're both done with eggs this year, I can just imagine the strain on you, keeping them both healthy inbetween laying.
Hugs to them both,
Deb

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Up til midnight - 16 fertiles
Between midnight and 7:30am - 16 fertiles + 1 dud
Grand Total - 32 fertiles + 1 dud (they were much smaller than her first clutch)

Really? Are you **bleep bleep** kidding me? Why?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

When I checked in on her at 2:30pm (took a late lunch and flew home from work), she still looked exhausted but did eat a small handful of greens and 4 butters (she had one white super and one butter in the morning). She was still hiding in her cave, but I'm hoping it's just to get some peace and quiet and not laying more :roll:

Now I need for this downpour to stop so I can safely drive to Tom's house and drop off her eggs, then to visit with the first clutch. Thank god I decided to stop at home earlier, otherwise I wouldn't know how Digi's doing until probably after 9pm. :roll:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Unfortunately, we lost 3 eggs between the hours of 9am and 8pm. They turned a strange yellow color and Tom just threw them in the trash.

I got to see Digi's first clutch of eggs and the shells are turning translucent and lots of veins all over. They also grew about double in size since they were laid. So exciting!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Gina, wow, that's alot of eggs! Glad Tom was able to take them in. And it shouldn't be too long before you see your granddragons! Well you're going to have a hard time choosing which one you want to keep, or two, three, four...decisions, decisions, decisions. Did you ask Tom what he feeds his girls after they've laid? If it's the same as what you're doing, then Digi will get her appetite back. Are you able to get any silkworms? They were great to help Sweetie get back her strength, so give them a try, if she'll eat them. At least they're white!
Thanks for the update, give Digi a much deserved HUGE HUG!
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom