Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks for taking the time to post these beautiful pictures, especially the double rainbow. Don't see any rainbows out here, reminds me of my youth when we saw lots of them. Thanks for sharing!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Wow, Gina. Thanks for sharing that with us. I remember seeing a double rainbow, yes, believe it or not, here in AZ. It was some years ago and I remember we got a picture of it. The second one was faint and I don't think it showed up in the picture. The picture was taken with a film camera as we've only had a digital one for the last 3 or 4 years and I don't know where the pic is. It is nice to see one again.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
You're all very welcome. I was in awe seeing the double rainbow.

Here's a little tale of my new office visitor:

This little mouse had been eating chocolates from my desk @work, then decided yesterday to visit me in broad daylight. It has no fear of me. Why??
224816_10150946674644670_698519186_n.jpg

Then, to top it off, Instead of running away or hesitating, the little mouse was eating the chocolate right out of my hand!
224809_10150946703074670_285262073_n.jpg

athenacp

Extreme Poster
You just have a way with animals, Gina...you are no longer the dragon whisperer...I am going to call you Ms Dolittle :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
That's adorable! I agree, you have a way with animals. You must be related to Dr. Doolittle. I know, you might have been his daughter in another life, except I don't believe in 'other lives'.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those rainbow pics are awesome, what a gorgeous sight it must have been for you and the many others that got to see it. :p

That little mouse is adorable. Can't believe he was eating a piece of candy out of your hand. I wonder if he was someone's pet that escaped? So, did you bring him home yet? What's one more critter? Would give your babies something live to cuddle up to. :wink:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
diamc":393dimcm said:
That little mouse is adorable. Can't believe he was eating a piece of candy out of your hand. I wonder if he was someone's pet that escaped? So, did you bring him home yet? What's one more critter? Would give your babies something live to cuddle up to. :wink:
It's definitely a field mouse. We had them in the building before.
No No No! I can't bring another critter in the house because Zim would call the ASPCA (and report me for negligence, on him) and Pookie would run away from home. Give MY babies something live to cuddle up to? :shock: They'd try to eat him! EGOD!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I do worry alot, good and bad. Can't help it -- I want to be the best mommy ever :wink:

MoMo laid her 3rd clutch of 37 eggs tonight. THIRTY SEVEN!
smiley1669.gif

The poor girl had packed herself in her cave (yup, her own cave, but only because Digi was in the other one :wink:) and was scratching like a mad woman when I got home from work. She covered up the opening with the hand towel that lined the cave, but when I asked her to come out so I could check on her, she popped her head out twice but went right back in. After about a half hour, she came out and proceeded to 'swim' around the floor, looking for a place to drill under (no idea why). Then somehow Digi was out of her cave and MoMo moved in, but she didn't stay long and finally ended up in the back and under all of the stuffies.

So, for those who are good in math, how many days was it between #2 and #3???
smiley2085.gif

slavetoIzzie

Sub-Adult Member
We should have known the Egg War wasn't over! Who told MoMo how many eggs Osca had laid last time? Just had to top Osca again, this time by 2! :banghead: Teenagers! Someone is obviously passing info to the two girls, letting them know the total egg count. It's not me and I've already confiscated her cell phone, so...

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Not me either! I'd rather she only laid 20-25.
Maybe Digi was telepathically reading the posts again.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Could be, you never know with your girls. 37 :shock: That is alot of eggies. Poor MoMo!! I'm amazed that she lays in her tank, but I guess she feels more comfy there, plus she's in the dark, so more privacy & I bet she stays warmer, too. And she has Digi right near her. How's she doing tonight? I just went back & checked & MoMo laid her last clutch on May 20, that was only 19 days ago! :shock: So she's a bit earlier than her 21 days cycle between the last 2 clutches, well hopefully that's it for her now. Keep up the updates on how she's doing weight wise, as she'll need to chow down the protein & calcium to make up, again, for the eggies. I'm so hoping she's done, it's such a drain on their bodies.

How's Digi doing, is she showing signs, too? Hope not!

And yes, that mouse was too cute & just like you to make friends with it! You are definitely the reptile & dog whisperer!

Give MoMo & the rest of your gang hugs from me :D
Deb

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Holy cow, that IS a lot of eggs. Poor MoMo. Sure hope she is done for the rest of this yr, that would be nice, wouldn't it? Bet she's exhausted today. Hopefully she will eat well for you so that you don't have to worry.

Did she get comforting cuddles from Digi when she was done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom