PLEASE HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max18

Hatchling Member
My new baby silkie was doing fine then he freaked out and passed out! He was going in and out and now he's semi conscious and keeps opening his mouth really wide and he squeaked! I don't know what to do!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you give him a bath & he started acting like this?
How much are you able to handle him right now?
What is your tank setup like, please review it with us such as the UVB lighting & the temperatures. It almost sounds like he had a seizure, perhaps. How long have you had him?

Tracie

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I gave him water through a dropper and misted him as he is starting to shed. I have a 40 gal breeder, basking spot of 105 cool side of like 73. I have a repti sun 10.0 uvb. I have had him for a week. He sees his reflection in the glass and goes crazy so I think he hit his head on the glass and stunned himself, he seems to be doing better.

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I gave him water through a dropper and misted him as he is starting to shed. I have a 40 gal breeder, basking spot of 105 cool side of like 73. I have a repti sun 10.0 uvb. I have had him for a week. He sees his reflection in the glass and goes crazy so I think he hit his head on the glass and stunned himself, he seems to be doing better.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He didn't aspirate or choke on any water, did he?
If he is scared or stressed from his reflection from his tank, you can get some paper to cover a couple of sides of his tank to help him not see his reflection to see if that helps.

Has he been basking today?

Tracie

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes he's been doing really good today. I think he saw himself, freaked and jumped into the glass and stunned himself.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is wonderful news, I am glad he is doing better. Try the paper, that really seems to help them out for awhile.

Tracie

Max18

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok, thanks for your help. I will put wrapping paper up and his tank can be Christmas themed :lol:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The wrapping paper should be fine, it will cut down on the reflection. Just keep the front open without paper so he has a view.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom