Rocky is DRY

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Okay so Rocky is really dry. We are going through a heat wave so I am trying to monitor his temperatures accordingly. As you may recall, he's been semi-brumating the week prior. He is active (looking at me right now), he is eating, I gave him 2 baths (he licked a little drop here and there) but his back feels like sandpaper. He responds (yellow beard when he sees me)- he is alert during the day but I seriously dont remember him feeling so dry.
Now, I have Ruby so perhaps I am comparing and contrasting. He will pierce his lips (I know, I know) and I was like oh no respitory infection but everything else is the same. No noise, eyes fine- no discharge- he will close his particually opened mouth in 2 seconds. It's not opened wide enough to say that he's regulating, it's simply what i thought to breath. His nostrils are not plugged but I am continuing to watch them. His ears fine. No blackbearding at all.
Should I be concerned?

Last edited:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I should add I put bugs in the water to get him to drink some water. For the first two bugs it worked. By the third bug, Rocky perfected his aim. I also did the pinch test, the skin went back instantly.]

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I think your over thinking it, but you can post a couple close up pics if your really worried.
The bugs 🐛 in the water is clever, i never thought of that. Sounds like he out smarted ya though lmao 🤣 😂

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The only indication of hydration status in a home setting is the urates and poo. Everything else such as sunken eyes, skin pinching, droopy eye lids, etc. are all myths.

-Brandon

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Dragons are always dry, they are reptiles that live in a hot climate and bask directly in the heat for portions of each day, their scales are naturally dry.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
okay I get it, I am being dramatic. Dragon.jpg You know you can call me on it. I thought he felt like he had lotion on him. I blame RUBY- here's a picture. By the way, I don't see Rocky as fat.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Dragons are always dry, they are reptiles that live in a hot climate and bask directly in the heat for portions of each day, their scales are naturally dry.
I went to sleep and woke up thinking about this comment, "...their scales are naturally dry." I AM CRAZY HUH! LOL
Okay, they are DRY DRY DRY? LOL I am just playing but this is the laugh I needed. I know you are serious but the sad part is that i was too. I guess I shouldn't tell anyone I bought Reptaboost. Yes he's eating but I needed to just HOLD on to something just in case. It made my heart feel better like I was READY! Go ahead, judge-

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Nothing wrong with having a plan "just in case" 😉

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom