Are his nostrils clogged? What do I do???

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello, my beardie has been doing this mouth breathing thing off and on for a week and I just noticed that his nostrils keep opening a little then completely closing. The vet thought the mouth thing he was doing was a pain response due to his gout. Please help!

Attachments

• 20230405_160343.jpg
    20230405_160343.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230405_160313.jpg
    20230405_160313.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, my beardie has been doing this mouth breathing thing off and on for a week and I just noticed that his nostrils keep opening a little then completely closing. The vet thought the mouth thing he was doing was a pain response due to his gout. Please help!
View attachment 79381
Yes they are plugged -- let them unclog by them selves he will eventually sneeze them out -- we dont recommend nose picking

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This happens fairly often, with shedding.
What is your dragon ill from, does he have
a respiratory infection right now?
As Karrie suggested, it is best to let the nose
plugs naturally shed. The membrane is delicate so removing it too early can injure the
nasal area.

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

This happens fairly often, with shedding.
What is your dragon ill from, does he have
a respiratory infection right now?
As Karrie suggested, it is best to let the nose
plugs naturally shed. The membrane is delicate so removing it too early can injure the
nasal area.

Tracie
We've spoken before. Mines the one with gout. He hasn't shed or grown in about 3 months. He's 6 months old.

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

Ah yes, ok! I posted on your other thread. He isn't on Gout medication, correct?
How is he doing tonight?

Tracie
Yes he is on Allopurinol currently. He seems to be feeling ok he's not really been stressed but seems to be mouth breathing a lot. They don't seem completely clogged they open a little. But yea all and all he had a great day he was very active. Its days like these that give ne hope for him. Thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, great. Glad to hear he is on Allopurinol. I hope he is doing well on it, the medication is
routinely used for gout & designed for long term use. Be sure to keep him well hydrated as
much as you can.
I'm happy to hear he was active today! Keep working with him, hopefully he will continue to
improve daily. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie

Vexor1717

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Shenron
Hello,

Ok, great. Glad to hear he is on Allopurinol. I hope he is doing well on it, the medication is
routinely used for gout & designed for long term use. Be sure to keep him well hydrated as
much as you can.
I'm happy to hear he was active today! Keep working with him, hopefully he will continue to
improve daily. Keep us posted on him.

Tracie
Thanks! He's almost done with his 2 weeks of Metacam so I hope he does ok off of it like he is now. He definitely doesn't seem like he is suffering. Maybe bored or tired at time but that's just when we are gone. I put a camera in his terrerium for when we aren't there.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That's good to hear he is almost done with his Metacam so hopefully he will start to feel better.
I'm sure you enjoy watching him on a little camera in his home, just to be sure he is doing ok!
Keep us posted on him & feel free to post updated pictures anytime!

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom